Sign in to follow this  
dmbusmc

PMDG is NOT planning on making ANY Airbus aircraft for the foreseeable future.

Proof of that statement? If you can find it, then I agree.

It helps cut down the crap that floats around here....

Danny

would it suffice if we put a link to the munich conference? Or any other post that theyve answered about airbus.

lee

why is everyone against airbus? Airbus A320 in PMDG style, would die for it..stop posting stupid topics like that, pmdg said in 2008 that they have thoughts on that! but if they ever do one, noeone knows!

@S. Keller, here is your answer:

As far as I am aware, effectively the FSL A320 is the descendant of the old overtures which PMDG made about creating an A320, since at the time that announcement was being bandied around, FSL dude Lefteris Kalamaras, was on the PMDG team (he was the technical director and lead developer during his tenure at PMDG) and I suspect was the driving force behind the idea of creating an A320.

Thus when he left PMDG, that amounted in large part to the idea basically leaving with him. With FSL having been developing that A320 for years now, and it being slated for a release toward the end of this year, there's your 'PMDG' Airbus A320.

Just be happy with what PMDG are actually making, you're getting a redone 747, a Triple Seven and a DC-6 and you've already got the best 737 NG there has ever been for FSX. Asking for an A320 from PMDG would be a bit like going on FSL forums and asking them to do a Triple Seven.

Al

http://www.flightsimlabs.com/aircraft/a320/

\Robert Hamlich/

I'm against topics like this ! Because its very rude. With the release of the NGX i've seen a lot of new simmers around here . And its our role (us who have more experience and know PMDG better) to explain and/or give clarifications on certain items to others who need help . Ryan's job or even other avsim staff member do this all the time: they repeat things on and on an ON . Thats what we call COMMUNITY . A little bit of patience, a little bit of tolerance and A LOT OF SIMMING HOURS ! lol

By pinning it as a topic then we are educating everyone who comes here new or not that this fact, for the time being, stands, as said multiple times by representatives from PMDG. This saves them and us of that repetition by having it readily available amongst the first posts you see as you arrive. It is not rude, it's educational to everyone and also relieves those of us who consistently follow the forums.

As it stands, I would like to edit my first post only to include links to the countless discussions already had about this topic, though I cannot. @ Sebastian, I am not against it, at all, I would love it! As it is, we WILL have somewhat of a PMDG-quality-type A320 currently being produced by FSLabs. I would follow it if you are not already, I believe it looks quite promising.

As for the post above, it isn't impatience or intolerance, what it is "Kaman BA" is just an informational fact that can aid people in immediately answering their question of "will PMDG make an A3xx????". That's all. No rudeness, no impatience, no intolerance. Look over it again.

Kyle Hennessey

Has PMDG said there will not be an airbus? Please cite the source if so...

Thanks

JR

Rog.

Here is Mr. Randazzo's presentation at the 2012 Aerosoft Convention in Munich, where he clearly states the companies plans for the next few years of aircraft development, none of which is any type of Airbus aircraft whatsoever. This is all four links covering the presentation in its entirety:

Part 1:

(EDIT: the forum does not allow me to post all four parts, above is the first part, from there you will be able to navigate to the other 3 parts. 4 total.)

Now, pinned to this very forum, it clearly states what PMDG IS working on, and has planned, which has no mention of any Airbus aircraft:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/375922-general-update-on-in-development-products-04jun12/

Now, this is all in reference to their current plans for the next few years. I want to make clear that myself, a user, amongst many others, am NOT part of the company or affiliated with it at all, and this is what we have been told and shown. If they have an internal discussion going on right now regarding any type of Airbus, it has not yet been disclosed publicly. So, from all of the evidence and statements we have, it currently is not planned.

I want to reiterate that this should not be a "heated" topic, just to draw attention that they have not announced any plans yet that would put an Airbus on the currently planned drawing board, and that they have a set plan that by all estimates will probably last them into Q4 2013 if not beyond, given they have told us exactly what they are planning on producing. This being the DC-6, B772LR, B773ER expansion, the B747 V2, and the B737 BBJ expansion (and maybe the WoodPidgeon??? :Praying: ).

Kyle Hennessey

Without watching all 4 videos again, I thought there was a statement about a product which was still being kept secret aside from the DC-6, 772, and the 744? If i remember correctly there was a Q&A at the end of the last video where one person asked if it was indeed an airbus and Robert said, and i'm paraphrasing, no comment.

On a side note, i personally think its wise to let PMDG make statements as to what they are and are not going to make. Don't take that the wrong way, as i'm not into being involved in "forum wars." Take it more as constructive criticism. Putting out a hypothetical here;

Everyone in the forums say no there is not going to be an airbus etc... 2 years from now, Robert or whom ever says hey, guess what! were giving you a sneak peak to the upcoming scarebus! Prior to that announcment, jo bob and his cousin billy bob read earlier that, no there isn't going to be an airbus and get all behooved because now, pmdg lied to us.... See where im going here.

Again the above is a hypothetical and one should not read too deeply into it. Point i'm trying to make is that we are customers / prospective customers. Its not our place to say "what company policy is" at any given time. I for one don't mind the 50 sum odd posts asking the same question. It gives me some reading material and every now in then some new information, so to speak, on another topic of related interests.

Again please don't take this the wrong way.

Thanks Again

JR

It's not for us to decide what should and should not be asked on these forums. That's up to PMDG and Avsim.

Let them ask what they want. It's a general forum. All the relevant information is already stickied. If people want to ignore that...so be it.

My comrade above sums it up as well. It's not a bad thing people are asking about other airplanes on the general forum. It makes for both interesting and useless reads. Don't get riled up about it people.

From 3:55 in this video,

Didn't RSR run for state Governor once? The political answers show here, doesn't answer a straight question... :blink:

Rónán O Cadhain.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Not taken the wrong way at all JR, and I like your points. I absolutely agree that two years down the road they may indeed announce a PMDG "scarebus" lol, and I would love it if they did! All I wish we could point out is that as of now, there are no publicly made plans that we know of or have been told. I by no means imply or wish that PMDG, AvSim, or anyone including myself dictate what can and cannot be asked by anyone, nor do I intend or want to put words in the company's mouth. This as it is is community-to-community, but, it would also be great if they made this point clear themselves using the same line. Either way, as pointed out, this question has very very repeatedly been asked, so I see it as beneficial for the company and/or community to make this more of a plain statement, or have one dedicated post to this topic, as opposed to the large amount of topics that seem to have been coming up more often of late. So, instead of getting 30 more topics as Patrick pointed out, we can have one collective topic which states that CURRENTLY, there are no plans, and that is of course subject to change in the coming years. It's just an idea and wish I could edit the first post I made, because it probably should have included these points, and I will admit it could come off the wrong way, but either way this discussion, as it has been so far, is more of what I was aiming for, in addition to the pinned topic idea.

Kyle Hennessey

Didn't RSR run for state Governor once? The political answers show here, doesn't answer a straight question... :blink:

Rónán O Cadhain.

Haha, I noticed that too when I first watched, he's good at it too, it was quite amusing, maybe he should give it a go? I believe he will already have quite a few votes from some dedicated simmers.....

Kyle Hennessey