For the last maybe 2 months I have been getting random bsods and strangely they all happen when I walk away or am away from the computer. Well, I did have 2 bsods playing a game but feel its not my overclock is unstable. Other than the 2 bsods playing games all the bsods happened while idling or having maybe a youtube video open or webpages open.

My current overclock is a 2500K @ 4.6.ghz with between 1.336 and 1.352 volts with it usually being at 1.344. That is at least what CPU-Z is reporting.

While writing this I saw the volts spike to 1.360 volts. Could an unstable voltage be the cause of this?

Taylor

It may not be your oc. On mine (Gigabyte mobo) if the oc is unstable I usually get a black screen and then a double BIOS type boot and the find that the cpu multiplier has been set back to the default, ie no more overclock. It could be your psu so what is the spec for that? It could be RAM faulty, seating in slots, or the wrong timings set in the BIOS and any number of other things. I guess that the temps are Ok, cpu cooler, dust, thermal paste applied correctly, even the graphics card temps may be worth checking.

Its going to be a process of elimination to find this one.

Regards

pH

Taylor

It may not be your oc. On mine (Gigabyte mobo) if the oc is unstable I usually get a black screen and then a double BIOS type boot and the find that the cpu multiplier has been set back to the default, ie no more overclock. It could be your psu so what is the spec for that? It could be RAM faulty, seating in slots, or the wrong timings set in the BIOS and any number of other things. I guess that the temps are Ok, cpu cooler, dust, thermal paste applied correctly, even the graphics card temps may be worth checking.

Its going to be a process of elimination to find this one.

Regards

pH

I have the Corsair TX650 power supply and the ram is running at the listed spec. Temps are fine with High 60s on prime after an hour and I replaced the thermal paste not too long ago. I am not sure what my graphics card temp is but I get these bsods when my computer is idling so I doubt its a temp issue.

I have yet to see the bsod screen but I know I get them because my computer reboots back to the login screen.

Are there any memory dumps at C:/Windows/Minidump?

Power supply is likely not an issue. Have you ever seen the error code during the BSOD?

Originally from overclockers.net. This should help if you have enough time to spot the BSOD code.

Originally Posted by overclocker23578 go_quote.gif

BSOD Codes for LGA 1155 Sandy Bridge

0x124 = add/remove vcore or QPI/VTT voltage (usually Vcore, once it was QPI/VTT)

0x101 = add more vcore

0x50 = RAM timings/Frequency add DDR3 voltage or add QPI/VTT

0x1E = add more vcore

0x3B = add more vcore

0xD1 = add QPI/VTT voltage

0x9C = QPI/VTT most likely, but increasing vcore has helped in some instances

0X109 = add DDR3 voltage

0x0A = add QPI/VTT voltage

0x1A = Memory management error. It usually means a bad stick of Ram. Test with Memtest, try raising your Ram voltage, or south bridge ICH voltage.

0x19 = memory voltage

http://www.overclock...-asrock-edition

- Jordan Jafferjee -

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Asus X670-E Pro Prime | Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle | 64G G.Skill Trident Z.5 DDR5-6000 |  Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | 2x2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME | NZXT H7 | Win 11 22H2 | TM Warthog Flight Stick + Throttle | Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Samsung 43" Odyssey Neo G7 | Dell U3415W 

Both are 0x124

It's an unstable overclock most likely. Is your RAM running at it's rated speed & timings?

Yep I believe so. I find it strange that I go 2 or 3 days without any trouble then all of a sudden a bsod while I am away from the computer. I guess I'll try lowering my overclock and see if it is that.

If it's 0x124 then don't worry as this will be solved within minutes! 0x124 usually means that your CPU needs more voltage. When you have your CPU overclocked for a long while, it's of course slowly starting to degrade by very small margins, mainly caused by heat production and the high voltage itself. After a while it will slowly become more and more unstable. I could previously run mine on 1.39V, but now suddenly I need around 1.395 - 1.4V to run it stable. All you need to do is increase the VCore by around 0.005. If it's not solved then try increasing by 0.010V. I'm almost 100% sure that your problem is solved now.