Sign in to follow this  
malibu43

All my missions and challenges have been reset!

I just went to try a $100 hamburger in Alaska and noticed it says I have to complete the Wedding Party first! #####? I looked and all my missions and challenges have been reset! All my aerocaches are still "achieved" and my XP level is what it should be.

There are two things I may have done that may have caused this:

1) I backed up and moved my .cfg file so that it would regenerate a new one and I could look at the settings. I then restarted Flight.

2) I started Flight w/o an internet connection in my truck at lunch a couple days ago.

I may have done 1 and 2 at the same time at some point, I can't remember.

Should this have deleted all my completed missions and challenges? Is there any way to get them back or do I need to start over?

Copied from a post elsewhere:

You might want to go to the folder which holds your career and restore old files to get your missions and challenges back.

C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Flight\Players\<Numbers Folder>\Career

Career Folder > Properties > Previous Versions

Backup the files that are there and then see if you can restore older versions of the files.

http://windows.micro...asked-questions

1) I backed up and moved my .cfg file so that it would regenerate a new one and I could look at the settings. I then restarted Flight.

I think this may have been what got you.

Hope you get it resolved, for future reference fwiw , I have made a habit of copying all those files in the career folder over to a backup directory outside of Flight, should something like this happen to me I " should " be able to restore.

I became obsessed about this.... Everytime I close MS FLIGHT I backup the Career folder to an USB drive and another folder on my mian disk :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Good place to back up is Google Drive, which is free, by the way and it's in the cloud, in case your PC blows up.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Copied from a post elsewhere:

You might want to go to the folder which holds your career and restore old files to get your missions and challenges back.

C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Flight\Players\<Numbers Folder>\Career

Career Folder > Properties > Previous Versions

Backup the files that are there and then see if you can restore older versions of the files.

http://windows.micro...asked-questions

That fixed it! Thanks.

Hi Folks

malibu -

I also found out the hard way.

Don't ever just delete or rename your flight.cfg

the behaviour isn't quite the same as FSX

as your profile has a dependency on a couple of lines in there.

If you're ever wish to create a new flight.cfg

then after deleting or renaming the old one,

before you restart FLIGHT

you must always create a new flight.cfg text file

and add in the following lines -

[GFWL]

ProfileMode=1

Save the file,

and launch FLIGHT,

and you'll still have your completed missions etc.

HTH

ATB

Paul

I backup my carreer folder every once in a while and even once needed to use such a backup after I wondered why I suddenly fly loops in an Icon again. But I really wonder why we have to take care of this when MS has many more information anyway on their servers already. I mean, aerocaches are stored in the cloud and my missions not? C'mon MS. You can do better.

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

That fixed it! Thanks.

Good to hear! And don't forget to backup frequently from now on in case this trick doesn't work for some odd reason... :wink:

Good place to back up is Google Drive, which is free, by the way and it's in the cloud, in case your PC blows up.

Good tip! Never thought backing things up in the cloud...!

I backup my carreer folder every once in a while and even once needed to use such a backup. But I really wonder why wie have to take care of this when MS has many more information amyway on their servers already. I mean, aerocaches are stored in the cloud and my missions not? C'mon MS. You can do better.

Agreed. I was quite surprised to find out some things are samed on the PC and not online, which seems so obvious for a game like this...!

I keep several copies of my Career folder in a backup location on my drive. That way if the previous version gets trashed, I have an older one to go to.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals