Sign in to follow this  
brucek

Multiple joysticks and ECZA/EzDoC

I have just installed a second Saitek throttle quadrant, which also has several banks of switches that can be assigned. I can see the new Saitek switches in FSUIPC, and FSX can see them, however EXCA is seeing that both of these quadrants have the same name and will only display one of them as active. Is there somewhere that I can change the name of the second Saitek quadrant- or is there some trick in EZCA that I'm missing?

Thanks for any advice,

Bruce.

I have a Saitek yoke with two throttle quads, and while I haven't had any issues with ezdok, I also assigned only key presses through the ezdok key assignments and then used FSUIPC to emulate those key presses on the Saitek stuff.

Thanks, I never thought of this 2 step process that you have, that should work fine.

Thanks again, Bruce.

User wants to know about joystick, specifically, he just installed a second Saitek throttle quadrant, which also has several banks of switches that can be assigned. he can see the new Saitek switches in FSUIPC, and FSX can see them, however EXCA is seeing that both of these quadrants have the same name and will only display one of them as active. Is there somewhere that I can change the name of the second Saitek quadrant- or is there some trick in EZCA that he's missing?

What do you think?

I have a Saitek yoke with two throttle quads, and while I haven't had any issues with ezdok, I also assigned only key presses through the ezdok key assignments and then used FSUIPC to emulate those key presses on the Saitek stuff.

Oh, hey...that's clever. That'll make my CH hat work better.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Oh, hey...that's clever. That'll make my CH hat work better.

Imo it's the easiest way to set every assignment in FSX.

Setup basic global commands through FSUIPC that every aircraft will use (elevator trim, FSX zoom, Vatsim transmit), then check the aircraft box and customize everything else per aircraft.

Never have to remember to load anything through the CH or the Saitek programming software. Everything is saved per aircraft and ready to go.

Works great with axis levers too, if you want to use four levers for 747 engines and then two levers for two engine aircraft.