Sign in to follow this  
reball

Dutch Harbor Gold Rush--Finally Conquered!

I've gotten so many tips here, finally I may be able to help out others. This challenge nearly defeated me over the past week--then I used my head and figured out that one probably can't ever hit every hoop, just to many and too much distance to travel in the alotted time. Finally realized that reds are essential, as are yellows, but trying for greens may be a waste of time. I found the Vans to work best for me, the Icon just too slow and faster planes too hard to control precisely (altho the menu illustration shows a Zero, I found it too twitchy and prone to accelerated stalls). So bear with me, don't know how to record and post a video, but here in words is a strategy. First, altho straight ahead on the runway is an ascending array of yellows, I couldn't get up enough speed in the Vans to do the course, so here's the first trick, start with a light fuel load (8-10%), take off but do a fast right 180 and then another so you come back along the runway at more than 90 knots. Then hit that ascending set of 5 yellows at full throttle(starting the clock), then bank left and aim for the next set of 7 yellows in a descending tight right bank, then full throttle down toward that small ship with a crane alongside, grab the 8 yellows in a tight right bank, cut throttle, sharp right and hit the 5 reds below the crane, quick sigh of relief if no crash and immediately grab the 5 greens in a line leaving you headed toward that hill with a tower at top and a set of three reds, quickly bank left then right in a very sharp descending 180 degree right along the water toward the bridge, again ignore the greens but grab the 4 reds under the bridge, another sigh if still alive and half way out the bay is an ascending array of 6 reds, requiring very steep bank and nearly full throttle, then down and a bit left and you will see a long array of 6 yellows curving left followed by 6 more yellow curving right. Grab them but ignore that nice straight array of 6 greens, they will net few points and take too much time. Rather, sharp right, full throttle and head out across the water to the only remaining array of yellows, far across the water. (at this point there are a lot of greens to your left near the cliffs and another set of greens above that crane you previously collected reds from, but again all those greens are wastes). Instead full throttle toward that inverted V set of 9 yellows, I did it by attacking the left end, going up and down to collect those 9, and at that instant time ran out, at 4000 pts collected!

Perhaps there are other strategies, maybe better ones, but if this helps someone a bit, then great! Thanks for your patience.

Dick

Thanks, Dick, I'll give it a try. The Gold Rushes seem to have been redone by the Game Designer. They are easier to understand and fly, hopefully easier to win as well.

Best regards.

Luis

Good to see more guys interested in the gold rush challenges. They are by far my favourite challenges in Flight.

I was able to get gold in the 3 gold rush challenges and managed to get all hoops and earn an extra 900 bonus points for time in the Kodiak gold rush.

I agree with you that the RV-6 is the best plane for this one. It's also nice to see that you can also beat your own personal best record with these new ones.

Fred.

Mine too, although I've been striving to get good marks on pax satisfaction too after the patch who made me sink from 85% to 76% :-mainly because of the problems of the instability when respawning from an "N" ....

I am also enjoying the Alaskan challenges, and trying to get Gold on some old Hawaii ones I only got Silver or Bronze...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I avoided those challenges in Hawaii, But the Alaska version looks a bit more comprehensible. I may actually give it a shot.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5