Sign in to follow this  
Tiburn

FFS 340

I did not see anything recently, so here goes...

I had to reinstall my FFS 340, but now cannot register the gauges to allow the aircraft to work since the company is no longer around. Has anyone found a way to get a legal copy of the aircraft working again? Thanks for any assistance.

Robert

I am in the same boat and have tried for many years to re-register my Saab 340 payware, but have had no luck... If you come across a solution, please pass it along.

Keith Guillory

I think the only way is backup the files installed (RIP file).

Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

I still have the SAAB installed and working.

Please forgive if my memory fails (I am retired you know :Hypnotized: ) but I seem to recall that shortly before they went belly-up FFS suggested users should re-download the SAAB and liveries. I did that. Used those files when it came time to reinstall and the gauges registered OK. That was years after FFS departed.

I suspect the later files were clean of protection ... or I just got lucky.

I reinstalled the SAAB on my Win7 machine last year, and it does work. From memory I think I initially had issues, but it was due to Win7 security issues, nothing to do with FFS being offline. Try disabling UAC and AV, and run the utility with Admin priveleges.

Graeme Butler

My only issue was not with installing the aircraft from my backup download. Once I got to that point I could no longer find my registration code. So I can select the Saab from available aircraft, but the gauges all flash the not registered message. Too bad for me I guess.

Keith Guillory

I'm afraid that you do need to have a copy somewher of your registration code. The FFS utility writes the code into the Registry.

Graeme Butler