Sign in to follow this  
OmniAtlas

Anyone using the NGX with Flight Deck Solutions?

I heard it is recently been compatible.

Or do cockpit builders jump straight to Sim Avionics, ProSim737?

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Are you talking about the Jetmax units or those massive full cockpit sims? I recently saw that Jetmax is now compatible with the NGX and works fine. There's some information about this at the Jetmax website.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Depends on what you're building.

FDS now sell a cut down version of the full cockpit called Jetmax. It is that which has just been advertising full compatibility with the NGX.

As far as use in a full cockpit, the NGX wasn't built for that and ProSim and Sim A are.

Those two professional pieces of software supply the interfacing for FSX (or any number of other sim software such as P3D, etc), so you still need a flight model.

That is where the NGX can come in, but it is a complex piece of kit and the integration for full cockpits is still a little way off, I believe.

I have heard that the logic in the NGX software can take over some of the sub systems created by the pro software such as ProSim and Sim Avionics and can cause problems.

Frank Cooper