Sign in to follow this  
Tatave

Best DC-3 for FSX

None really. The Just Flight bird is a mish mash that includes stock gauges from the microsoft plane. MAAM sim's plane will work in FSX but unless you buy (or re-purchase...) their new installers, you will have an hour+ of work getting it going, esp. if you want the many versions. Plane flys well, but the VC is very dated - very poor textures.

That's it I'm sad to say. Wish MAAM was going to update this plane, but their efforts have fallen apart. An A2A plane would be great - but they like their warbirds.

Their Stratocruiser is great - lots of good stuff to learn.

Othe hope for a vintage propliner is the DC6 forthcoming form PMDG. That should also be fun.

Colin

A2A have said they won't make a DC-2 because they won't compete with a not for profit.

Not sure about DC-3 but would be nice if they did make one as just flight is the only decent looking competitor, I'll just hang out for the PMDG DC-6, alot more complex and larger, but we get what we're given

I downloaded a sound package for the default DC-3, though for Fs9 it works very satisfying in FSX:

***The BEST DC-3 sounds for FS2004 ***

By Trev Morson

Visit the Largest DC-3 site on the Net

"The DC-3 Hangar"

http://www.douglasdc3.com

Finally ans sound pack that works well in my sys. without drops when the engines are at Full Throttle.

The MAAM DC-3/R4D is a great plane and flies well in FSX. The sounds are very close to the real thing. Old, but so is the plane. The Basler BT-67 Turboprop is a great (free) update to the DC-3 engineering and, if you watch a post on this forum with that name in the title (which is very active) you will see lots of effort with the developer and others trying to make it better. The post is now on it's 7th page and lots of changes have been made from the original release.

John Wingold

Thanks for the guide Ols_As_Dirt.

Seeing the post it seems like it still needs a bit of work.

I always had issues with my sound on the DC-3 and grumman Goose, having to press "Q" twice to get the engine sounds to sound a bit realsitic. I solved my issue with this package, all I had to do extra ws to change the sound.cfg to add the default Gear and Flaps sounds.

I think I'll wait a bit...Doing lots of flying in the Caribeean for the moment... :happy:

When I did a google search for DC-3 I found quite a few posts about Vertigo DC-3, how great is going to be and stuff... from 2010. Than I visited their website and forum and no sign about any DC-3. What happened?

does anybody know any site with Justflight DC-3 repaints? I couldn't find any.

0Artur0

I'm not a designer or developer, have some simple interests with my FSX Installation; My computer isn't very big, just enough to run FSX\Gold tweaked from various angles.

Maybe Vertigo dropped the project of theire DC-3 as other were catching on with developing the same a/c.

From what I undertand Justflight uses a very complex program to do repaints...Thereby making it difficult for developers to make new repaints and put them for download; As youhave already noticed,any repaint for any Justflight product is available at theire site for download,and sometimes at a price.

From what I undertand Justflight uses a very complex program to do repaints...Thereby making it difficult for developers to make new repaints and put them for download; As youhave already noticed,any repaint for any Justflight product is available at theire site for download,and sometimes at a price.

Well, I did one repaint for JF DC-3 (Adria Airways), I admit their paintkit leaves much to be desired. I guess it's not problem with my searching skills than but there just aren't any/much JF DC-3 repaints.

I downloaded an dinstalled the Basler 67 as per intructions, tested it, found it easy to fly,once I figured out Right and Left clicks to fx activate rwy for ILS approach; Chaned the sound for that of PADS' Twinotter and sound.cfg file. Lost my ding-dong of th safeties. Same happened to me with theire L-1649, but not with the 1049,749 Strange, Is as if Windows 7 doesn't like this ding-Dong sound?

I've even reinstalled after deleting all the files I had put in there in the first place.Nothing got replaced?

Anyone else experiencing this?

berlopez

V/C cockpit Basler 67

Hi

There is a free DC3 available from the FS captain website. It features a comprehensive and complex system simulation. You have to fly it by the book or your will face consequences. It is a challenging and rewarding aircraft to fly. The only drawback is that the VC is below par by todays'standard. Personaly, I don't mind because I really enjoy the realistic system modelisation. So it is my favourite aircraft along with the A2A B 377 which is a true masterpiece.

http://www.fscaptain.net/certified.php

I just reinstalled the Basler as per instructions, to see and hear if I got my ding,dongs back for the safeties; No luck???

All folders in theire correct location,Made a few discoveries that make the Basler much more interesting to fly

th_Baslerbt67.jpg Getting Vectors for Landing RWY29

th_BaslerB57atBornholm.jpg At Gate, after a perfect ILS approach

Which sound set are you using? The Basler aliases to the default King Air and that one has got no definition for the seat belt sounds. But you can add those of course. Just look into the sound.cfg and define something like this.

[sEATBELTS_ALERT]
filename=xxxx
[NO_SMOKING_ALERT]
filename=xxxx

Now xxxx should point to the filename of the sounds you want to use. If they are in the sound folder of the aircraft, they will be found. Same goes for placing them in the general sound folder of FSX. So perhaps some other planes of yours have some 'ding,dongs for the safeties' to make use of. ^_^

The MAAM Sim DC3 is great but I never could get the yoke to "disappear" so I couldn't read the nav instruments. So it's collecting dust in my hangar...

There is a free DC3 available from the FS captain website. It features a comprehensive and complex system simulation. You have to fly it by the book or your will face consequences. It is a challenging and rewarding aircraft to fly. The only drawback is that the VC is below par by todays'standard.

Do you think merge between JustFlights VC and this FSCaptain DC3 would be possible? I never merged anything in FSX though. :unsure2: