Sign in to follow this  
Tatave

Best DC-3 for FSX

CoolP Finally an answer I thought logical and could use...I have spent a great deal of time with Stefan, from the California, Classics Propliners forum trying to fix this issue; At a point he wrote to me saying that it could be a Windows 7 issue; Eventhough others are also using this OS and don't have the problem...???...All The Constellations have all theire own ding dong in the subfolder.

I checked as you suggest in your post and indeed the netries where missing in the Basler sound.cfg. NONw. knowing that the soound can be called form anywhere in the sim, be it root sound folder or another addon I got to checking. I addd the lines like this to the Baslers' sound .cfg and added the Cabin.wav to the soundai folder:

[sEATBELTS_ALERT]

filename=cabin.wav

[NO_SMOKING_ALERT]

filename=cabin.wav

No luck? It only calls the click sound ?

Now for the L-1649A I did the same and found that it didn't have the entries either; Although the sound cabin.wav resides in a subfolder L_1649A in theFSX\\ Sound folder, all other sounds in there sound, flap calls, altitude calls etc...All but the ding-Dong. I also have the "G" version of the Constellation and the sound Ding-Dong sounds there? I even copied the complete folder to the L-1649A as they all share the same sound by Diego Barreto,who shared the sound in the site; But I can't get all versions to sound it, FX the "H" version doesn't play it either?

BTW: I'm using the original default sound aliazed to the King-Air; The sound I found from the PADS' DHC2_Beaver MK3 is too loud to hear the other sounds...Flaps,gear,etc...So I resorted to default,to see if I could get the safeties back,( The Beaver doesn't have them) And I didn't know they could be added as you describe above...

I even tried moving the subfolder away from the aircraft folder,so as to only have it in the main FSX Sound folder; Installation intructions say to move this folder there,to main FSX folder..But it didn't help, only the Buttom.wav Clicks sound..

berlopez

Attached is an image of the folders and the changes I made...

Yupiii!

I managed to add the ding.dong to the L-1649A After all this time; The entry in the sound.cfg was missing.

Now the Basler....Mmmmm...I tried the same. put in the entry; Knowing that the King-Air doesn't have these sounds...I included them( The sound .wavs) in the King-Airs' Sound folder,since the Baslers' panel is aliazed to this one.

But no luck for the basler, only clicks

The MAAM Sim DC3 is great but I never could get the yoke to "disappear" so I couldn't read the nav instruments. So it's collecting dust in my hangar...

There is a maam to be modified in without a steerwheel R6 one

I forgot it but if you really want that one I could go to my memory and try to figure that out

Do you think merge between JustFlights VC and this FSCaptain DC3 would be possible? I never merged anything in FSX though. :unsure2:

Hi

I don't think so because it would mean that the 2 aircraft have the same gauges at the same place which is unlikely. It could be worth asking the question on the Fscaptain forum.

[sEATBELTS_ALERT]

filename=cabin.wav

[NO_SMOKING_ALERT]

filename=cabin.wav

I guess you are close, but leave out the wav extension so that you get

[sEATBELTS_ALERT]

filename=cabin

[NO_SMOKING_ALERT]

filename=cabin

If there is a cabin.wav around, FSX will play it. See the syntax on the other entries in the sound.cfg. My initial description wasn't clear on that.

By the way, your desktop is 'full of stars'. :P

CoolP...That did the trick, Thanks a million; If only you knew how long I have been trying to fix the Starliners L-1649A Sounds, Ever since my machine got hit by mcAfee Bug last year it's been acting up, I had to formatt to XP SP2 as adviced by mcAfee, thne that crashed as well. Then I got windows 7 and had to reformatt to this; Luckily Ihad experience with Vista,which was the original OS in this computer before McAfee.

Windows / simplifies things a bit...But what about the HD...Could it take anymore at my unexperienced hands? I guess I did, because it's working and as you say with all my stars.

I'm running FSX with AlacrityPC, recommended by Paul J. He helped me installed it and make a profile; It's working so far worderfully;I don't use it for testing purposes though, because it takes a while to load.Then I get 18- 20 FPS with this system.

My Mom use to be a stewardess fo Avianca the oldest latinamerican airline ( The Colombian carrier) When Frank heard my story he made this repaint of a L-1049G in Avianca colors,( My signature picture).

Couldn't edit?

After this lesson of how to edit sound.CoolP I decided as Istarted this topic of puting the DHC2_Beaver MK3T sound from PAD onto the Basler,as I t more rewarding that the King-Airs',at least for me.

After editting many time I only got the tick sound, No ding-Dong?

Then I found that PAD designer,as it says on the sound.cfg aliaze to:

fsconv\tbeaversnd

//alias=C208\ound

//alias=fsconv\rosnd22

So I went brainstorming for these, finally found them and editted fsconv\tbeaversound; Added the call end the entry :smile: To the sound.cfg there...And Voila! Thanks

berlopez

Glad it worked. So lets keep those seatbelts fastened. ^_^

AaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggHHHHHHHHHHH!??? :(

After I left it working, haven't made any changes...decided to take it for a spin and try out the sounds.Humph! Only the clicks are playing now on the L1649A???

All the other Constellations have them,The G and H...

The sound files are identical on all three, I really don't get whey the Starliner doesn't want to the play the wav file any more?

Here is the entry as we left it working, without the file extension.I've even tried With the file extension and have copied the sound folder from the G over to the L-1649A and it still won't play the Ding-Dong??+

[sEATBELTS_ALERT]

filename=cabin

[NO_SMOKING_ALERT]

filename=cabin

All my Connies G/H have the SP_L1649A folder in the main aircraft folder,which is the folder that contains this wavs. all other Flaps 80/100/80/UP play...And the same file is in the Main FSX sound folder as per intallation intructions.

Back to where I started?

Got it! :rolleyes: The file was wrong for the L-1649A; Stragely to me,even though all Connies use the same Sound file by Diego Barreto,which is the one I use.The file name in the L-1649A has to be like this:

[NO_SMOKING_ALERT]

filename=CabinAlert

[sEATBELTS_ALERT]

filename=CabinAlert

[NO_SMOKING_ALERT]

filename=CabinAlert

[sEATBELTS_ALERT]

filename=CabinAlert

Then they sound All the other versions do not have "filename=(The word "Alert" After Cabin,,,)

Thank God I save the whole ac folder to a temp and onto a memory stick.

Another thing is the dificulty of editing Notepad files in Windows 7 and saving them...personally I found that desabling UAC.temporarily, editing the file, then enabling UAC again could save the file.

Now I'm good to go, again...

Just Flight dc3 is currently on sale $16.90 or 40% off. At this price for me all its short comings are acceptable

ZORAN

There is nothing wrong with this aircraft and you also get the c47 in army greens. The dc3 is shiny new fresh from the factory and flies very well and for night flying it comes with luminescent red lighting,looks great and is just the right amount of dimming.

Now 99.99% of the worlds population has never been in DC3 cockpit so if a gauge is missing or moved I would remain blissfully ignorant :-)

at the price you would be hard pressed to find anything that compares

ZORAN

yep think it finishes 31st.

ZORAN

I think its worth a mention, on the website its a basic pack however I received the expansion pack and that explains the strange aircraft in my hanger with no engine ..

ZORAN