Sign in to follow this  
nudata

Why Was This Topic Locked?

Reference message: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/378082-orbx-lancair-vs-real-air-lancair/

This is from the Prepare3D forum. I only use the P3D program and have not used FSX for awhile. Since I posted the question in that forum it was intended to garner responses not only about the aircraft in question but also any idiosyncrasies related to P3D. Therefore, I fail to see why it was locked as "inappropriate". As a further argument, I ask the question, would it have been blocked in the FSX general forum?

Finally, locking a message as inappropriate, without further detailed comment, leaves the door open to speculation as to why it was blocked and, in my opinion,that is an inappropriate manner in which to lock a thread. If we are to learn what is appropriate don't we have to be told what is inappropriate?

Dick Boley

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Dick,

Using an FSX developer's product in P3D without their EULA authority or specific permission is an issue hotly contested. We do not support breaking or unfairly stretching authorized usages beyond what was intended by the developer. The Real Air Lancair is not designed for P3D and therefore should not be involved in the P3D forum and was deleted accordingly. Here is how Rob Young put it:

http://forum.avsim.n...25#entry2380493

Simple.

Kind regards,

Hello

After direct contact with Rob from Realair this is their position on Prepar3D

"Our EULA has one purpose, and that is to encourage users to only install ONE licensed copy for ONE user. Aside from that you can put your own copy wherever you like. We don't support Prepar3D so it is at your own risk."

It seems clear cut to me, Realair do not mind you putting their aircraft in P3D as long as it is your only installation, and you are happy to accept that you will get no support from Realair.

So Realair + Prepar3D is OK as far as they are concerned.