Sign in to follow this  
pellebus

Warbirdsim! this was TO bad!

8 Hours ago I purchased the "Then&Now part 3" P-51 Mustang.

Did i recive any downloadlink? NO!

I payed via PayPal, and they took the money from my VISA, but how long do I have to wait for the downloadlink??? (Yes, I have checked the spam filter)

Is this normal? Has anyone excperienced the same thing from Warbirdsim? I am used to get the downloadlink right away when I have

payed for a product. But not in this case!

I have also send 3 mails to Warbirdsim asking what the problem is, and still no response/answer.

Crap!

P. Ståhle

Hello

Maybe they are still in bed, give them 24 hours then get worried

Guest Mik75

I took 4 days until I got my download links. Their anti piracy system is not too customer friendly... I even had informed PayPal already when I finally got the links!

FOUR DAYS???

Good Lord!

They must be the only developers in this business that let You wait for 4 days!!!

Why on earth do they not tell us that on their website when You are about to purchase??? That You have to wait for DAYS before You can use what You have payd for???!!!

Crazy!

I have been in this hobby since 2000 and NEVER had to wait for DAYS to get the link!!!

And I have downloaded "tons" of planes through internet!

I hope Warbirdsim reads this! And for sure, no matter how nice/good looking and accurate their products are, this was the one and ONLY time I EVER

purchase anything from them!!!

Per Ståhle

Just grow some patience before complaining, you can't even know how long its going to take, just because someone had had long waiting time doesn't mean that also you have to wait 4 days.

A lot of developers do these things just as a hobby and are certainly not 24/7 available there for support, and I can understand these heavy anti piracy things as piracy really does eat very much revenue from many developers.

I have been in this hobby from 2008 and already I have experienced much worse than just few days of waiting. I rather wait even 2 weeks for good product than get instantly a product with loads of flaws that developer doesn't agree to fix (and that has happened to me with some devs).'

Just be thankful to developer for making product that actually works even if you need to wait some time because of piracy protection. Seriously, its not worth this kind of rage.

PS. Try developers called Ariane and DBS studios and then see if you still think that this developer has particularly poor user friendliness in terms of piracy protection.

Actually, I think it is a fair complaint. If you get the money taken off you instantaneously, then you should at least be informed prior to purchase that it might take some time to get the product. That's not an unreasonable expectation.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Yeah I agree it should be mentioned, but just because of waiting less than a day without mention I wouldn't criticize developer that much and make decision not to buy anything from them again. I would understand his sharp criticizing if he actually had already waited for days, but in this case if I understood right it has been less than 24 hours... And he has already sent 4 emails in that time.

So my post wasn't really against rightful criticizing against developer for not mentioning these waiting times in product page, but more about making so big fuss about this whole thing. Things don't always work like they are supposed to and making such a fuss about them isn't going to make them work any better, no matter which developer you make business with these things are always possible, and so far there is no proof that there couldn't be actually some technical fault behind this whole thing.

...Then You, as a customer, defenently should be able to read that somewhere at their website! That it can take up to... bla, bla bla, what ever, 2-3 days!

No matter what! It sholud be clear and pointed out at their site! In this case with warbirdsim, not a word, not a single line that makes You aware of the fact that You have to wait for what You have payed for!

I have payed for the product, the money is "gone"... and still no Mustang! Ofcourse I am in the right to criticize!

Thats it!

P.

Hi Pellebus,

I'm the developer for Warbirdsim, and I have sent a message to those that over-see the orders/downloads and this will be sorted ASAP.

We are aware, that although the automatic system works the majority of the time, sometimes there is a hickup and it requires our further attention. Before ordering, we mention that it may take up to 7 days to fulfill an order (as a safe-guard for us and the customer) but the majority of the time, everything is instant and done within just minutes.

Pellebus and Michael, If you want, send me a PM with your e-mail address, and I'll try to do something to make-up for any hassles you've experienced.

- John

Pellebus and Michael, If you want, send me a PM with your e-mail address, and I'll try to do something to make-up for any hassles you've experienced.

Great attitude! :good:

Great attitude!

+1

Thanks John!

Great response, finaly. After almost 14 hours I got the link and now I feel happy again! (it looked like if there was a hickup at PayPal, due to my surename Ståhle... Pay pal didnt know

how to handle the "å"... Better change my sure name soon as possible... :wink:

I am sorry if I sounded a bit "angry" in my letters, but I hope You understand why.

By anyway, I lOVE the bird!

No one makes them like You do!

Thanks anagin Sir!

Best Regards

Per Ståhle

Yesterday was Sunday so expecting immediate replies to emails sent that day is totally unrealistic

Wasn't this topic posted elsewhere running in the same vein?

Guest Mik75

Great that you like the Mustang. I have their C-model and I really think that it is a very well made addon that flies great and a beautiful model to look at!

Really good to see the developer here, trying to get things sorted out, too!