Many moons ago, someone (I think it was N4gix) posted how to use a double toggle switch to make the gear go up and down in FSX. It had to do with adding an entry to the Standards.xml file.

My old computer died, and I had to reinstall FSX thus losing my modified file.

If anyone can help me with the proper lines to add to the cfg, I would be most grateful. This is specifically for the CH Products Flightsim Yoke USB.

Thanks.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I don't have any CH Products, 188, but I do have four USB cards from http://desktopaviator.com/ which input a six-lever engine controls, a three-lever engine control, several interchangable yoke/stick combos, two switch panels, a trimwheel, brake lever w/differential brakes, and a multi-position flap lever - all homebuilt, and all interfacing is done using FSUIPC. This is the greatest tool on earth to work with.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Paul, thanks for your reply. I'm quite familiar with FSUPIC, but in this instance, there is a fairly simple edit to the standards.xml file that accomplishes this. I just can't find the answer through search, nor is on my old hard drive. Hopefully someone that has done this can reply with the specific code and syntax.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I did exactly this - assigned gear up/down to one of the switches on my CH Yoke. I since deleted it when I installed a GoFlight module that had its own driver. I may have the old standard.xml somewhere, but for the moment from memory:

Prob best to back up standard.xml before you start :smile:

The control assignment you need to add is for GEAR_UP and GEAR_DOWN. The easy way to see what needs to be added/edited is to assign the 'up' position of the switch you want to use to the GEAR control using the regular FSX Settings/Controls process. Then go into standard.xml and find the entry for GEAR_TOGGLE. In that entry, change GEAR_TOGGLE to GEAR_UP. Then make a copy of that entry and insert it right after the one you just changed. Make sure it is complete (I think each entry is a few lines, but it's fairly obvious). In the duplicate entry you just created, change GEAR_UP to GEAR_DOWN and the Switch number to the number of the 'Down' position of the switch you want to use (usually the next number after the number of the switch you used for GEAR_UP). And that's that.

Hope that makes some sense ! If not, when I'm back near my sim setup I'll try to add some detail.

Continuing Dick's post - so you open up Standard.XML and find the Gear_Toggle entry:-

<Entry>

<Key>G</Key>

<Down>GEAR_TOGGLE</Down>

</Entry>

and copy it twice, changing it to:-

<Entry>

<Key>6</Key> ................<--- CHP switch number

<Down>GEAR_UP</Down>

</Entry>

and...

<Entry>

<Key>7</Key> ................<--- CHP switch number

<Down>GEAR_DOWN</Down>

</Entry>

and then place the two entries under the CHProducts heading:-

<SimControls.Map>

<Name>CHProducts whatever, with POV {6BFFB570-Fictitious number-553540000}</Name>

<Entry>

<Key>6</Key>

<Down>GEAR_UP</Down>

</Entry>

<Entry>

<Key>7</Key>

<Down>GEAR_DOWN</Down>

</Entry>

Entry>

Other entries here...

</Entry>

</SimControls.Map>

• Upvote 1

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thanks guys. That's exactly what I was looking for. I couldn't remember the exact syntax. Copying this to notepad and will save it in my misc. folder in case it comes up again.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

So I realize this is a pretty old post, but I cam across it in my own search to change buttons from toggle to up and down.  However, I cant seem to make heads or tails of the information.  Hoping someone might help.  I have FSX SE and I can find a file called standard.xml in the folder steam/steamapps/common/fsx, however I cannot see anything in there that is named saitek.  I saved a back up and then messed around in there a bit, but was never able to effect any changes in the game.  

Can anyone steer me in the right direction to make the change above for landing gear on my saitek TQ?

Best Regards,

Mike