Sign in to follow this  
ManuelL

Flight Alaska vs. Tongass Fjords (comparison shots)

Maybe MS will sale airports, cities, planes for Alaska on the side as DLC including missions.... :Whistle:

Or they could leave that to 3PD's........... (one day)

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Or they could leave that to 3PD's........... (one day)

Don't know about that but it will have to be sold thrue MS's store anyway.... :Secret:

Don't know about that but it will have to be sold thrue MS's store anyway.... :Secret:

I actually went into more detail about similarities (Apple vs Record labels) but decided to leave it there. :unsure:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Maybe not... we already have Steam selling DLC access codes to be redeemed with MS. A future situation could involve 3PDs operating their own stores, with MS providing the actual downloads and collecting a portion of the proceeds, just like with Steam. MS will certainly want to retain a gatekeeper role, but that doesn't mean they want to completely control the entire process.

Maybe not... we already have Steam selling DLC access codes to be redeemed with MS. A future situation could involve 3PDs operating their own stores, with MS providing the actual downloads and collecting a portion of the proceeds, just like with Steam. MS will certainly want to retain a gatekeeper role, but that doesn't mean they want to completely control the entire process.

Trust me on this one, some third party devs. have burned their bridges with MS.

IMHO if MS released DLC cities, planes or else it will be made by devs. hired and paid by MS...just my opinion as I don't have any way to know that.... :Big Grin:

Trust me on this one, some third party devs. have burned their bridges with MS.

If someone prefers nothing instead of just a big piece of the pie, that is certainly their business.

Yet throughout history, when money stands to be made, someone always appears to collect it, even if others feel it is not worth participating.

But in any case, I only mention that there is already a precedent set for non-MS-operated sales in Flight. I'm not making a prediction.

This is an interesting comparison. It leaves me with the feeling that Flight should have concentrated on a much smaller area. The Alaska DLC looks like it is less detailled than Hawaii was, which is really a pity. I like some aspects of Flight, and I thought that I would wait for the Alaska release to make it my "home" scenery, but in fact I now think that I'm better off flying around the Hawaii DLC in Flight until I'm bored of it, and keep using my OrbX + Tongass scenery in FSX for that part of the world (not to mention the NZ tour I haven't finished).

It leaves me with the feeling that Flight should have concentrated on a much smaller area.

And then MSGS would be deluged with the "why have you only done xx sq miles" complaints from the same ppl who are slagging it off now (the old adage applies here more than ever: you can please some of the ppl etc)..

I think doing the whole area (to better than stock FSX details and LC imo) and then, hopefully, as Alain says above, adding DLC with more detail and relevant missions at a alater date..This is why imo, DLC and a cloud-based model is GOOD. (if MSGS choose to) they can add stuff as and when, instead of having to wait for a roll-up or SP to stick it in...

Whether this will happen is another matter entirely :smile:

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

I hear what you're saying, but personally I know that a smaller area like the Tongass would have worked well for a long time for me - that's the way it was with FSX, I spent a long time in this area and didn't mind it given the amount of details to be found.

It's a pity that we can't go in this scenery, edit it and fix it ourselves as well. The community would have the ability to add the details wherever they are missing. Anyway, I don't mind, I'll start with the Hawaii DLC which I don't have yet - that is if I pick Flight versus X-Plane 10 (geez it's hard to choose, it's no money driving the choice, it's really down to time available to play... maybe Flight will win over such a criterion).