Sign in to follow this  
Digant C Kasundra

Saving before landing

Hello fellow simmers!

So, I really need to learn how to land. But I love flying my PMDG and don't want to just hand fly in circles for quick line ups to land. Is there a way to save the flight sim and PMDG 737 NGX on final approach so I can just keep reloading it and landing again? I tried just saving but when I reload, it just crashes FSX.

You can try the tutorials, FSX has never been good with loading anything to be honest, nevermind loading such a complex bird in the air. So, you can try flying the landing portion of the Tutorial that accompanies the NGX on installation

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

You can try the tutorials, FSX has never been good with loading anything to be honest, nevermind loading such a complex bird in the air. So, you can try flying the landing portion of the Tutorial that accompanies the NGX on installation

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking as well. Bummer, because I wanted to create some different landing profiles (cross wind, different airports, etc). I guess I can change the weather easy enough.

are you running the ngx with all the service packs installed? when the NGX first came out it had a bug where FSX would crash when you tried to load a flight on approach. That was one of the first things to be patched so I wonder if you are running the release day version of the software with no patches?

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Try loading the ngx in the menu before you load the flight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hello Digent,

Saving in flight is very difficult with this complex airliner as others have already mentioned. Even the saved modes in flights with the tutorials will have you dropping a 1000 feet or more before the initialization criteria does it's thing. Some have suggested to enter the slew mode 'Y' then hit pause 'P' and save the flight. Personally, myself I have tried this and I think it may work to some degree but with my set up my slew control behaves wildly, seems to spin my ngx in circles and also reacts crazily to altitudes. If I can figure out why my slew control behaves this way, I may have better luck, but until then.... I would suggest trying this method just the same , but make sure you are on minimum 3500 agl final when you do the save. You can do a search in the forum also on topic of saving midflight and you may find more info on the subject. Goodluck and if you find any thing that works good, let us know. :-)

Ed

Ed

Hello fellow simmers!

So, I really need to learn how to land. But I love flying my PMDG and don't want to just hand fly in circles for quick line ups to land. Is there a way to save the flight sim and PMDG 737 NGX on final approach so I can just keep reloading it and landing again? I tried just saving but when I reload, it just crashes FSX.

The best way to practice your landings, it's freeware: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=165171&Cookie=1

Cheers

I would suggest following. Just play normally, fly to airports with ILS approaches. When you do an approach, let's say, the first time dissingage an A/P at say 400 feet AGL on final before touch down. Next time at 500 and so on. After a while I'm sure you'll get a hang of it. It's the method I use.

Hey, I am checking back with this topic, I ran into this issue just today while recording a video for my channel.

How I combat this, is go to the video you wish to practice at, and load the PMDG NGX [Cockpit view] then load your saved file for practice, that may work.

N.B ; Be sure to pause the game before saving the flight.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Try loading the ngx in the menu before you load the flight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm going to try this tonight. What I'll do is save the flight and the panels and then try to laod them back adn see if it works.

yes just load it in the sim at any airfield and click fs approach. You can set how far out you approach and it will auto dial the ILS for you.

edit you will glide for 10sec or so whilst pmdg does its initialization

ZORAN

Fwiw, I always save my flights around 15nm before TD and never have a problem reloading the flight from initial fsx load splash screen. It gives you enough time for yourself to get into approach mode, verify all your settings, rwy changes if required and to try different approaches.

Nothing we can do about the initialization thing unfortunately - because our engine code is completely custom, we have to reinitialize the FSX internal engine model every time the sim is loaded - that's what it's doing during that countdown timer. All of our FSX aircraft do that - there's no other way, you can't do it while paused etc, the plane has to actually be running.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com