Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Flying at Night

One of my favorite pastimes when I live in Miami was to rent a 152 and do touch and goes at night at Ft Lauderdale Intl and Ft Lauderdale Exec, going back and forth. Love the look of he city at night. Tonight I flew back and forth between PANC and Merrill Field. Looked pretty cool I wish I had thought to turn the cockpit lights off however.

AnchorageatNight.jpg

FinalMerrill-1.jpg

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I never did much flying at night, actual or simulated, but those are nice shots, especially the first one.

I tried it over Hawaii and was disappointed. While Flight's rendition of daylit Hawaii is pretty good, at least away from towns, night over Oahu was nothing like the real place. The moonlight was way too bright and the streetlights looked all wrong.

Maybe Alaska will be better for me, as I don't know how it's supposed to look.

I never did much flying at night, actual or simulated, but those are nice shots, especially the first one.

I tried it over Hawaii and was disappointed. While Flight's rendition of daylit Hawaii is pretty good, at least away from towns, night over Oahu was nothing like the real place. The moonlight was way too bright and the streetlights looked all wrong.

Maybe Alaska will be better for me, as I don't know how it's supposed to look.

It actually looked pretty good over Anchorage which is the only place in Flight that I have flown at night so far. I just wish I had turned down the cockpit lights, cause that messes up the look of it. I flew in Anchorage at night in a C-182, and from the area of PANC, as soon as you lift off you can see the lights at the Elmendorf , just as it is in Flight. Pretty cool looking.

It's a great area to fly around when the weather is good, but when it's not, it can be pretty nerve racking

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Flying in mountains on a winters night with a full moon is awesome. I only experienced it once .. when I was a teenager..The strip that we landed on had no lights but they were not needed.

I have noticed that Alaska really has good bright landing lights compared to Hawaii. They were so dim that it was very difficault to locate the airfield or even line up on final. I really like the more intence visability. I landed at Elmendorf AFB last night on a job.