Sign in to follow this  
tranglos

Update killed frame rate and broke flight model?

Devon,

My specs are in my sig..I have 1536mb of DDR3 in my over-clocked GTX580 and I still see 20-21FPS in heavily wooded areas..this is even after turning shadows down to high from extreme. All other settings are maxed out..

I have Vsync ticked as if not I get really bad screen tearing (slow, big Dell 2709FP)

I'd love to be seeing a steady 30, as I get in FSX (locked) but in high AG areas, I can now really see the stutters appear..I am surprised, seeing as how fluidly stuff like ###### and IL-2 run on my rig (and FSX!)

If I am reading your specs correctly, which I may not be, 1.5 gigs of ram is really low. XP probably uses almost a gig by itself, occasionally. Windows 7 would use even more. I would think that 4 gigs would be a minimum to run Flight,

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Hey Bob,

You're not. I have 16Gb of RAM in my PC, and 1.5Gb of RAM in my grafx card :smile: : PNY Nvidia GTX 580 1536gb

Sorry, that's very small

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Hey Bob,

You're not. I have 16Gb of RAM in my PC, and 1.5Gb of RAM in my grafx card :smile: : PNY Nvidia GTX 580 1536gb

Oh, that's better....... Too early in the morning for me :sorry:

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I think it must be my system somehow..It does seem to vary depending upon how long FLIGHT has been left running, how much else I am doing on my PC at the same time..where I am..My current mission will take me over Anchorage in about an hour so when I get back from work, I'll test it out..

(imagine doing "other" stuff while running FSX! - yes, I know I can run FSC, REXE etc but boy does it mash my machine to the point of doing it all on another PC via SimConnect!)

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

I think it must be my system somehow..It does seem to vary depending upon how long FLIGHT has been left running, how much else I am doing on my PC at the same time..where I am..My current mission will take me over Anchorage in about an hour so when I get back from work, I'll test it out..

(imagine doing "other" stuff while running FSX! - yes, I know I can run FSC, REXE etc but boy does it mash my machine to the point of doing it all on another PC via SimConnect!)

I remember the days of FS9 when I had that program ( can't remember the name of it now, think it was FSUPIC or something like that ) that when though your entire computer prior to the flight and shut everything off that wasn't absolutely necessary for the computer to be running, just to get a frame a second more