Sign in to follow this  
Talon4Golf

After new content added Controls are messed up

I downloaded several new content pieces last night and since then my controls (Saitek x45, and Saitek Pro Flight Yoke) have been messed up. To be specific when the game launches the ailerons are showing that the stick is leaning dead right. I've gone through all of the normal procedures of calibrating my stick through windows and downloading the new drivers. I'm at the end of my troubleshooting knowledge. Anyone else run into this issue and know how to fix it?

I've been playing FS since FS2000 through FSX and I have enjoyed my experience so far with flight I would hate to have to put this on the shelf, as it's my stress relief game right now.

Did you ask for a RESET DEFAULTS under the Airplane Controls section?

I konow you'll have to go through the tedious task of redifining your axis and buttons in the game, but it might work....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Maybe a conflict with the new track IR settings?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

After every update I have found that many of my control mappings were lost and I had to reassign them. In addition, I found that multiple devices were mapped to the same axis such as my toe brakes and joystick to my ailerons and my prop control and joystick to my elevator, etc.

Check to make sure that each device is only mapped to the controls you expect it to be mapped to and clear out the incorrect assignments.

This is not unusual as the other responders have said. After each update, I have to reset all my controls. As noted, make sure your rudder pedals don't have any assignments they are not supposed to have as well as your yoke/joystick.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

After every update I have found that many of my control mappings were lost and I had to reassign them. In addition, I found that multiple devices were mapped to the same axis such as my toe brakes and joystick to my ailerons and my prop control and joystick to my elevator, etc.

Check to make sure that each device is only mapped to the controls you expect it to be mapped to and clear out the incorrect assignments.

This is what I have to do. Flight automatically assigns the same function to multiple controls, which prevents any of them from working right.

Go into the controls setup menu and clear out any duplicate axis settings. Hitting Reset to Defaults may not do it, because the defaults themselves can have duplicates.

Did you ask for a RESET DEFAULTS under the Airplane Controls section?

I konow you'll have to go through the tedious task of redifining your axis and buttons in the game, but it might work....

Is this a check box in the control options menu?

et al-

I'll go through the assignments tonight and see what is assigned. Thank you all for the input!

I downloaded several new content pieces last night and since then my controls (Saitek x45, and Saitek Pro Flight Yoke) have been messed up. To be specific when the game launches the ailerons are showing that the stick is leaning dead right. I've gone through all of the normal procedures of calibrating my stick through windows and downloading the new drivers. I'm at the end of my troubleshooting knowledge. Anyone else run into this issue and know how to fix it?

I've been playing FS since FS2000 through FSX and I have enjoyed my experience so far with flight I would hate to have to put this on the shelf, as it's my stress relief game right now.

I have some of the same hardware and almost exactly the same thing happened to me. Very frustrating. Saitek x52 and Cessna Yoke and Combat pedals. I tried the resets, reboots, and all the re things I could think of that normally works in FSX but had no positive effect/affect. I ended up just unplugging everything and rebooting with only a mouse and that didn't even work. Someone suggested I had inadventenly left the rudder trim set incorrectly. I don't know if that was a joke or not.

For no known reason, when i started Flight up the next day, the mouse controls were set to normal and then I started the tedious task of rechecking and resetting all the axes and buttons on the Saitek hardware to my liking. Now they are totally hosed in both FSX and Flight.

Maybe someone will suggest the magic fix soon because we need more than 'Yep basic troubleshooting 101'. Maybe 102 or 103 or maybe MS will unfix something that causes these control headaches. It must be simple because this is suppose to be an easy, simple game.

Good luck with your troubleshooting. If I come up with anything useful I will PM you immediately.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Is this a check box in the control options menu?

Yep! Used it a couple of times, and it worked for me...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I have never had a problem with the controls, when a title update occurs that changes or adds something, it asks if I wish to accept the new controls, I always choose " yes ", then I immediately go into my control assignments for my stick, throttle, and rudders, and make sure nothing got remapped there, clear out any that should not be assigned, and off I go ...

I only had to change 2 or 3 assignments after the update, everything else remained the same.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Well got my flight stick to work but now my throttle only has 50% of the range seen by Microsoft flight. This might be my stick as it its an older stick and it isn't fully supported by Flight, but my desk set up doesn't allow me to use my full on pro-flight flight yoke and throttle, without taking my keyboard tray off so I would prefer to use my X45.

I used the Windows calibration and it sees 100% throttle rotation. Anyone have an idea?