Sign in to follow this  
Gibbage

What aircraft do you want to see in Flight; Alaska?

Just a simple question. Maybe I can put up a poll or something for the most popular ones. I could list a few, but that could risk braking nda ;) What do YOU want to see flying in Alaska?

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

For me, I want a Beaver, a Twotter, a Stationair, and a Caravan. Along with the Carbon Cub (deluxe) that's on it's way, I'd say those aircraft would cover most of my Alaskan flying. :)

Grumman G21 Is my first choice for a twin... Single engine.. an Otter.

Caravan, Beaver, Otter, Cessna Stationair, Cessna 185 (the Caranado version is a blast). All the 'Basic' models updated with a 'Deluxe' option.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Goose, Caravan, Beaver with wheel floats, in that order.

I could live with a floats option on the Maule or VC Cub instead of the Beaver, but would prefer the Beaver.

Something with a cockpit and floats will do for a start. Two engines are better than One. Loud engines and big windows. That is starting to sound like a Catalina.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Beaver with floats, Goose.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Any twin engine. Cessna, king air or, heck, I would even take a nice 737 ;-)

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Some nice picks so far! Im suprised to see so many G-21 Goose picks as there are not a lot left. Never really picked it out as a bush aircraft as much as something like the Twin Otter or Beaver. Do they fly a lot of them in Alaska?

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

I think an amphibious (or different variants of) Caravan or Otter would be nice. Satisfy the requests for something a little bigger and faster and also take advantage of all the seaplane bases that Alaska offers.

A Goose or Beaver would do well too.

I'd buy any one of the four I listed.

Some nice picks so far! Im suprised to see so many G-21 Goose picks as there are not a lot left. Never really picked it out as a bush aircraft as much as something like the Twin Otter or Beaver. Do they fly a lot of them in Alaska?

Not many left, as you note. But all of the classic twin flying boats found a lot of use in Alaska.

Some interesting reading here...

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/grumman-goose-replacing-alaska-aviation-legend

I had not heard of the Gweduck, but MS does seem to like new adaptions of classic designs...

http://gweduc.netfirms.com/gweduck.com/index.shtml

Gweduck is a 1 off. It fly's out of Renton and last I heard they are trying to sell it and the design. I have seen it in real life and its a very impressive aircraft with 1 major flaw. There is a small port between the cockpit and cabin. A lot of pilots really like the Gweduck from the outside, but took one look at that, and walked away. Simply because if you need to get out in a hurry, it will be VERY hard.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer