Sign in to follow this  
ant_1984

FSX on networked PC's - What, Why & How?

Hello

One thing to consider is that Radar Contact runs much better on a networked system, the menus are much quicker

A good app you can use if running networked PCs is Synergy. It allows you to utilise just one keyboard and mouse to control all of your networked machines. Just move your mouse of the edge of your screen like a basic multi-monitor set up. Pretty neat.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

A good app you can use if running networked PCs is Synergy. It allows you to utilise just one keyboard and mouse to control all of your networked machines. Just move your mouse of the edge of your screen like a basic multi-monitor set up. Pretty neat.

Inputdirector is really good also and free to boot.

Synergy is also free. Unlike Input Director it also works across platforms, so you can control Windows, Mac and Linux running machines simultaneously. It also has a friendlier set up UI than ID!

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Hey mad dog,

Could you please outline the setup process you used to get you system up and running. I had REX 2.0OD on a network and it all worked great. Not there are no WX engine files so I'm at a loss. Please help.

sorry to step on this thread but have a ASE20102 question, im running 3 comps. #1comp (MAIN) 2 monitors; fsx deluxe,wideview,wide traffic,fsuipc4,,Linda ut2 ase2012 rex(not running) #2 comp 1 monitor: fsx deluxe,wideview,wide traffic,fscuip4,ut2. ase2012(not running) rex(not running) #3 comp.(NO FSX) 1 monitor: widefs7,wideclient,ase 2012,EFB (electronic flight bag, radar contact. the question i have is in widefs7 i think it is,you set in the config.ini the address port ect to the server comp. wich would be my #1 comp. now since im running fsx on my second comp for wideview,and its considerd client to the main comp for wideview would i or should i add that address also in my 3rd comp.widefs config or simmconnect (forget which one) so "ASE2012" can also talk to 2nd computer for weather? or will it automaticaly? or will the main comp relay the weather automaticly ? now im confusing my self sorry. hope this makes sence. trying to run ase on 1 computer (no fsx) and relaying weather to both of the others running fsx and wideview. do bothe other comp addresses need to be added to simconnect xml or just the main one. thanks