Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Somebody needs to make this gorgeous high wing for FSX

I was surfing around for info on another aircraft and saw this Aero Commander 560A. Woh. I'd be in line. 200kts cruise. 19,000 ft ceiling.

Pg_8b.jpg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Wow.....I love the looks of that bird. Please give us one, developers. My credit card is out!

Stan

Too slow... I'll take the AC95 instead

http://en.wikipedia....nder_500_family

I think about that thread.. I believe we forgot to list the Bronco... It's quite fast... easily does 250 ktas low down... not a lot of instrumentation but excellent view from the canopy

http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=12094&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight+Simulation&s_language=english

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Never been much for military aircraft myself...cept the C337/O2...another nice high wing.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

C'mon...How is it that this community forgets such devs as this one... http://www.flightsim....com/commander/

It must be those three magic letters - FSX.

I have almost a 1,000 hours PIC in that exact model. Every landing was smooth as silk. Never had an engine fail.

Ray

Same exact photo in the Avsim review of the Carenado Cessna 337H last year.

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

C'mon...How is it that this community forgets such devs as this one... http://www.flightsim....com/commander/

On the inside, they don't look much like the one I saw a few years back on the flight line (real world). Looked newer. Gorgeous airplane!

Gregg Seipp

I own and fly the AC680 in FlyteLine all the time (with FSX). I love it's speed and performance for small loads like 5 or 6 pax or light cargo (up to 2000lb). It has a good FDE. I just recently noticed that the fuel tanks are not working properly but keeping the tanks evenly adjusted during flight (cheating?) rectifies the situation. I may try to contact the author for a possible fix.

EDIT: I just emailed M. Shupe posing the question of what can be done about the fuel usage.

Same exact photo in the Avsim review of the Carenado Cessna 337H last year.

That's where I found it Ray! I read your stuff!

Gregg Seipp

Then check this out and give me your thoughts. I guess it will have to be a PM as they locked the post.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/378679-my-independence-day-wish/

Ray

That looks like a BN-2 Islander on speed. :smile:

The AC680 is faster, I think. The BN-2 from Flight1 is a terrific flying addon and flies soooooo slow on approaches and landings.

Ray

It flies slow all the time!

BTW Ray, your user pic reminds me of being on safari with Bawana Clyde Batty.....

:Just Kidding:

That photo was from a screen test for the movie The Alamo a few years back. Movie was a big time flop, but I got a lot of free water and laying around in the shade while they decided who would win which battle. I was killed in every scene. I didn't tell the producers but I knew how it ended before they started filming.

Ray

Anyone tried this in FSX?

I enjoyed many a flight with this aircraft in FS9.

I worked with it some bout 18 months ago but gave up getting it running in FSX. The individual instruments took 'forever' to load. It was like everything in the plane was custom built and need a cray computer to run it all at the same time. Someone may have optimized it since then. I am like the OP, I would love to see a native AC560A like the photo done up nice in FSX.

Ray