Sign in to follow this  
pmanhart

Malware Alert

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up, and not sure if there is a better place to do this.

I'm getting a Malware Detect from Avast with the following info when using the forums:

Infection Details

URL: "http://junksixdryr.d...yndns.org/mix/" Process: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explore... Infection: URL:Mal

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up, and not sure if there is a better place to do this.

I'm getting a Malware Detect from Avast with the following info when using the forums:

Infection Details

URL: "http://junksixdryr.d...yndns.org/mix/" Process: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explore... Infection: URL:Mal

Has anyone else detected this?

No problems here. ESET Nod32 using Firefox browser.

Mel

Just a update. Everytime I come to avsim today Kaspersky alerts me of a different trojan.

Hi guys,

same here. I got several alerts with Avast (commercial version) though its analysis was inconclusive in regards to Malware; it recommended sandboxing. However, with each Avsim access a new 209 KB (214,528 bytes) .exe file was deposited in C:\Users\Holger\AppData\Local\Temp, with suspicious names like "Skype.exe", "conhost.exe", and "windowsupdate.exe".

Cheers, Holger

Using Avast (free and up to date), along with Firefox and I get no notifications. Just ran a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and got a clean report.

Are the reports coming from IE users? I see one other Firefox user who says no problems.

Using Avast (free and up to date), along with Firefox and I get no notifications. Just ran a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and got a clean report.

Are the reports coming from IE users? I see one other Firefox user who says no problems.

I am here with Firefox and no issues. I logged on earlier this afternoon with IE from my desktop and saw the alerts with Norton. I am also now using my laptop and just did a complete scan with Norton. No problems reported.

I am using IE9. But when I came here just now I got no alerts from Kaspersky. So what ever was going on earlier is not happening now.

I just had a 'malicious software' alert off Norton when viewing the PMDG support forum. Using i.e.9.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

Hi

Over the last twelve hours or so I have been getting and alert from Norton every time I open the Avsim site, including this occasion, the browser I am using is I.E.9 by the way and the details thrown up by Norton are shown in the screen shot of Norton’s warning pop-up window, now the so called attacking url was originally not the one shown on this occasion, but I don’t remember the name of the original url.

Once I am on the site it is no longer an issue, it is just on the initial opening of Avsim that this occurs.

At the moment I am not too worried about this as Norton is catching it, but to be honest I am not too happy about it either.

I hope you can help in figuring this one out.

Jim Hodkinson

I am an IE and AVAST user and I had this report when signing in this morning.

Norman

No issues with Chrome or IE9 with Macaffe or with Security Essentials

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Another of my machines with IE9 and Microsoft Security Essentials is reporting a threat as well. EDIT: MSE is reporting the problem as "Backdoor:Win32/Caphaw.D" and classifies it as 'Severe'.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

I have the same problem. When I opened Avsim page today Norton said; "A high risk attack by aparkechon.dyndns.org was blocked".

I use Firefox and a couple of weeks ago I told Firefox to warn me if a website tries to redirect me to other sites. Everytime when I go to Avsim (I still have the url avsim.com as bookmark) I now get a Firefox warning that I am redirected to avsim.net. Is that correct or is something fishy here?

When I clicked on the link "Contact us" (bottom of left frame) a mail window was opened (as it should) but there was no mail address filled in (as it should). Is this just a bug or is avsim.net a malicous copy of avsim.com?

Krister R