Sign in to follow this  

Hi!

I am having problems starting the Nemeth Designs/MilViz Ch-47 Chinook :wacko: . I have read through the manual to find out how to start this bird but it never seems to happen :( .

The engines *DO* start-up but there is no rotation from the blades what-so-ever (Even with the ECL in GND Mode). Could someone please explain to me how

to start-up this helicopter or any kind of tutorial would be appreciated!

Kriss

:t4012: .

If you want to get really serious, you could read this:

http://ch-47helicopt...-1-1520-240-10/

The quick version: You need fuel in the left tank because that is the one which feeds the APU, and you need to start the APU because that powers the hydraulics, and the hydraulics are what you start the main engines with. When they are running, you need to engage the transmission clutch so that the engine drive train propshaft quills are connected to the rotors. Pretty sure the control for that is on the overhead on a CH-47.

Also note that there is a dedicated MILVIZ support forum here on Avsim; you'll find it further down the main forum page.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

FYI, Nemeth/MV product support is NOT provided on this site.

Thanks Al for the mini tut.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

If you want to get really serious, you could read this:

http://ch-47helicopt...-1-1520-240-10/

The quick version: You need fuel in the left tank because that is the one which feeds the APU, and you need to start the APU because that powers the hydraulics, and the hydraulics are what you start the main engines with. When they are running, you need to engage the transmission clutch so that the engine drive train propshaft quills are connected to the rotors. Pretty sure the control for that is on the overhead on a CH-47.

Also note that there is a dedicated MILVIZ support forum here on Avsim; you'll find it further down the main forum page.

Al

The Problem is now Solved, Thanks for your help

Kriss

Kriss, could you explain how you solved the problem? I'm still stuck with this hellicopter. I don't see that so called "transmission clutch". I'm following the Start-Up checklist and I'm seeking aid from the Panel Layout Overview.

Do you have acceleration installed? You need it for this to work.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Also here some problems, followed the manual and no rpm rise whatsoever. Only ctrl-e works. Also cockpit lights and gauge lights are missing. Battery on when loaded even I have set my flights to start cold and dark.

Support for this product is not available on this forum. Please post this on our forums and, I strongly suggest that you try the manual again. I have done it twice today just to make sure... It does indeed work.

Topic locked because of necroposting.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Try setting the mixture control at cold and dark they are set to 0 and need to be at least 40