Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Spare a thought...please

do not wish anyone to start a discussion regarding the wrongs and rights or the politics involved, but what I do know is that we should all spare a thought at this time for the citizens of Baghdad this evening as they must be undergoing the most terrifying experience imaginable. Tonight, many Men, Women, and Children will be in grave danger... I am sure that there must be many fellow flight simmers among them who unlike us tonight do not have the option of posting to this forum or relaxing with a good session of FS. Instead their very safety is in the balance as the horrible spectre of conflict visits them once again. It seems strange to be enjoying my computer tonight under same Moon that looks down on these most unpleasant events, regardless of who you agree with.May they all be protected from harm, particularly those little children who will one day grow up and become fellow simmers too.Here's to hoping that mankind will someday learn some lessons.Luke

Guest Brent Hebert

More than likely that type of discussion will head south rather quickly and thus not a good idea. This community has many diverse ideas and topics of religion and politics always brings out heated emotions. There are many other discussion boards that are more appropriate for such topics. Brent Hebert

No no no .... I said that I didn't want anyone to mention that. Just spare a thought, that's all. Please people don't respond to this thread in any way that might be inflamatory.L

"....do not wish anyone to start a discussion regarding the wrongs and rights or the politics involved...."The problem I find with these threads is that they inflame by omission. If we post about one crisis, we also need to spare a thought for all of those who suffer and live in grave danger. More will be murdered worldwide tonight by despotic leaders--murdering their own people--in countries which don't have the natural resources to rate a U.N. resolution or coalition attention. Same goes for those living under the thumb of drug lords, or for those living under threat of famine, weather or disease. What made you ignore all these issues for the sake of mention of Baghdad, if not for a political purpose?Moreover, Tom has already spoken. I for one find your post highly political, and read it that way--and felt you tried to use the simming angle to make it "appropriate" for this forum. There are two sides to what is going on in Iraq, and two sources of fear. Bombs falling from the sky, or bullets from the secret police--all the same. When did you post about the latter? I'm not taking either side--I don't have all the facts to weigh good against bad, but both should be considered, since today's bombardment may be seen as a ray of hope for anyone ever tortured at the hands of Saddam or his cronies...