Sign in to follow this  
srburger

If only I could brighten up the Aero-Commander VC :(

I love this freeware a/c!!!! But the only thing that I find spoils it a bit for me and prevents it from achieving the 100% approval rating ( NOT complaining -- NOT complaining!!! -- ducks thrown objects, hides under desk) is the darkness of the VC. There must be a reason for it - because, while I know that many VCs seem to be quite dark , there are others that are not.Does anybody have a fix? I know that there was a thread on this subject some time back -- but I still have the dark VC.Regards Barry

Guest jaapverduijn

How yer goin' mate, orright? You can light up the virtual cockpit of any aircraft by adding VC lights in the aircraft.cfg file.If you look under the heading "lights", you'll see something like://Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landinglight.0 = 3, -27.20, -46.3, 0.65, fx_navredm ,light.1 = 3, -27.20, 46.3, 0.65, fx_navgrem ,light.2 = 3, -64.00, 0.00, 2.72, fx_navwhi ,light.3 = 1, -36.80, 0.00, 6.25, fx_beaconh ,light.4 = 4, -6.00, 0.00, 1.80, fx_vclight,light.5 = 4, -33.00, 0.00, 4.20, fx_vclight,All you do is add one or more fx_vclights, which you can position correctly by experimenting a bit with the coordinates. Take care that you (re)-number all the lights. Brisbane still standing? I lived there for three months in 1966 and 1967 when, as a young bloke in my early twenties, I was on a years working holiday in Australia. I lived in a boarding house at 11 Free Street, Newmarket, and worked (mostly) in the Queensland Book Depot in Adelaide Street. The trams were still running back then, and a ticket from Newmarket to the city cost 15 cents (coupla months earlier the pound had been replaced by the dollar). Never liked the Brisbane beer much though: instead of drinking Four XXXX or Gold Top, I usually preferred stuff like Melbourne Bitter, or Abbotts Lager. But hey: beer is beer, and I never declined a shout, even if it was Gold Top (grin)!Be well!Jaap Verduijn.

If you're referring to Milton Shupe's recent releases, they already have cockpit lights. Press Shift-LKen

Guest jaapverduijn

Greetings Ken!I reckon Barry as an avid flightsimmer is aware of that, since just about every VC has one or more cockpit lights. So I take his complaint to mean that he finds the already existing lighting in the VC of his airplane too weak, and explained how he can brighten it.You can really do it with every VC, regardless of how many lights (witin reasonable bounds) they already have. Not a lot of people know that (I've always wanted to use this sentence - grin)!Be well!Jaap Verduijn.

Hi Jaap,Yep, that may be, but it threw me because the Aero Commander's VC is very bright with the lights on.KenP.S. It just occurred to me that this may be a VC that I edited to 1024 x 1024 to improve clarity. Not sure, because I'm not currently on my home computer...