Sign in to follow this  
ThaddeusV

Game freezes

Good day,

I am really new to gaming and not too computer smart.

I friend got me all fired up for FSX.

My problem is with FSX freezing about 10 minutes into the game.

When it freezes none of my imputs do anything to move me along.

However I still get audio, the screen does not change from the last scene (mostly in full cockpit), just a nice freeze frame...

I end up having to Ctrl, Alt, Delete to get the Task Manager to end the task.

I have a Dell Studio XPS 8100 with a i5 cpu running at 2.8ghz, 12 gigs ram on a 64 bit system and my video card is a Radeon 5670 with 1/2 gig.

I have tryed changing the resolution from 1600 to 1024, but to no avail.

Any suggestions what be good, as I am at wits end. I am not oppsoed to upgrading hardware if needed.

Thank you,

Thaddeus

Welcome to Avsim, Thaddeus!

I'm going to assume you have Windows 7 as your operating system, so go here, download this file, and put it into the root folder of FSX. DON'T put it anywhere else!

Once it's there, change the name back to UIAutomationCore.dll - ok? Then you are fixed.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thank very much for the help and quick response.

I do have Windows 7 and I have downloaded this before. I'm assuming that putting it in the main folder for the game; the one in Programs(86) is the place to put it? Or is there another

folder I'm supposed to put it in? There is no folder called root; I did say I'm new to this. If so it didn't work.

I have been told by other gamers that it might be my video card is getting too hot to run while I'm running the game. Though the video card has 1/2 a gig on it; so its not a memory issue.

Guest firehawk44

Sounds like your FSX settings are too high. To check, rename your FSX.cfg (located in C:\User\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX foldier) to FSX.orig (this is a hidden folder but your can change that by opening Windows Explorer and, in the top menu, click on Tools, then folder options, click on the View tab, and, in Advanced settings, go down to hidden files and folders and click on show hidden files, folders, or drives). Then restart FSX and let the config rebuild. Run FSX and see if the crashes/freezes continue. If not, then your settings are too high. If the crashes continue, then you can go back into the FSX.cfg folder and rename the .orig back to FSX.cfg and you'll have your original FSX.cfg back. Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim

firehawk44

I have not try your suggestion yet.

But, I reinstalled without Accelleration, and it flies for over an hour.

This makes me wonder if my Accelleration disc have an issue.

BTW, just knowing that there are folk out there like you all to help takes stress out of my day.

I'm assuming that putting it in the main folder for the game; the one in Programs(86) is the place to put it? Or is there another folder I'm supposed to put it in? There is no folder called root; I did say I'm new to this. If so it didn't work.

I have been told by other gamers that it might be my video card is getting too hot to run while I'm running the game. Though the video card has 1/2 a gig on it; so its not a memory issue.

Take the "root" folder as if it were a tree, Thaddeus - albeit upside down: the root folder of fsx is whatever you called the installation folder of FSX - "Flight Simulator X" or "FSX" or "FlightSim" or whatever. insidet that folder are your Addon Scenery, Autogen, Categories, Config, Dialogs, Effects, Gauges - and a bunch of other folders. If you scroll to the bottom of these folders you'll come to a bunch of files. This spot is where you place the UIAtomationCore.dll.

It is the single, most common cause of Win7 hanging or 'freezing'. It is the result of FSX being End of Life when Win7 was in development. FSX was not tested with Win7, and it has conflicts with the library files within that UIAtomationCore.dll. The Win 7 UIA...dll is resident in the Windows system folders and you must not replace these, otherwise you will find newer applications will have issues because they will not work with the older version.

If the one in the download is in the FSX folder - FSX will look for and find it there first. It will not look further. If it's not there - it will then look through the path which is set in the environment setup which gets written when Windows itself is installed - and there it will only find the new version - hence your freezing problem.

So - it goes in the root folder of FSX. DON'T put it anywhere else!

...and half a gig memory on the video card is barely enough to run FSX. You need a one gig gpu minimum.

Regarding Acceleration... Here is Phil Taylor's (one of FSX's design team leaders) post:

Most addon's require either SP2 or Acceleration installed in order to run properly. Acceleration includes "a version" of SP2.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Man, I am havng a heck of a time.

Now, my throttle isstuck (I guess).

I am using a Saitek AV8R-03

With the throotle all the way back, the engines (jet) are at 65% plus, with almost not movement (just a degree or two) it goes straight to 107%.

I have reinstalled the game.

But am unable to figure out what I did to the joystick throttle.

Please help, as I am loosing my hair as I pull it out (in jest).

Thanks

Ok, now I have throttles back, but no elevator adjustments.

I am sureI need to calibrate some how.

Guest firehawk44

I am sureI need to calibrate some how.

You can do that by starting up FSX and going into the Controller section.

Best regards,

Jim

Gentlemen,

First, Thank you.

I have obtained a older XP os computer and it works fine in it.

So, I will try to getg it to work in the Windows 7 computer, but if it doesn't I now have an old gaming computer...

Thaddeus