Sign in to follow this  
rcpistonhead

**PMDG 737 "G-Force effects" pilots view

I would like to know how to get the "g-force effects" when I am in the virtual cockpit of my PMDG 737-800?? The view that I fly in (by pressing F9) is a "locked" view from the captains chair. Of course I can look around but I do not get any "g force" effects like when I land or in turbulance. The pilots head does shutter or move around it just stays locked in the line of site. I have heard that the pmdg 737 comes with this cool feature but how do I use it?? Also how do you walk around the plane or in the cockpit?

please help

THANK YOU

-Correction- The pilots head DOES NOT shutter or move around it just stays locked in the line of site

please help

THANK YOU

Ben Weaver

SWA8485

THank you very much for the info! Do I only need to download the Update ver 1.16.0 file or do I need to purchase / download anything else? Thanks again

Ben Weaver

SWA8485

Forget last stupid question...I see the payware that I will need.

I see that it requires a minimum of 20fps and I'm not sure if my system does that... here are my specs:

Pentium dual core E6700 @ 3.2ghz

8G DDr3 ram

Invidia Geforce GTX 550 ti

Windows 7 64 bit

Will that work?

Thanks again

Ben Weaver

SWA8485

As fair as I know something like that does not exist. Even if, it would have a significant impact on FPS in the NGX.

The significant hit on frame rates caused by raid effects and why it's not ever gonna' be part of the NGX (and answers to why it's on the J41 and not on the NGX) have been debated to death on the forum. If you need the details, do a search and it should turn up. Tabs provided sound technical answers, and as a key PMDG guy, his answers are entirely authoritative.

Herman Ross

Seattle, USA

EzDoc Camera can be set to "knock your head off" in landings "if you want". It's great. Have used for two months and won't go back.

I have similar pc specs ...Like Lufthansa said, you "may" have to reduce you slider settings a little.

cthiggin

The significant hit on frame rates caused by raid effects and why it's not ever gonna' be part of the NGX (and answers to why it's on the J41 and not on the NGX) have been debated to death on the forum. If you need the details, do a search and it should turn up. Tabs provided sound technical answers, and as a key PMDG guy, his answers are entirely authoritative.

Ooops...that should be "rain effects." :unsure:

Herman Ross

Seattle, USA

FSX comes standard with the G-force effect. You just have to put them on in some menu.

Bert Van Bulck

FSX comes standard with the G-force effect. You just have to put them on in some menu.

Bert Van Bulck

I too think they're a standard part of FSX. I also thought you could turn them on and off, but the "G-effects" checkbox I was thinking of and the only one I could find is for a "greying-out with high positive g and red-out for high negative g" effect.

Personally, I find them annoying, especially wtht the HUD during landing. I makes things look like I'm about to hit my forehead on the glass.

Maybe someone else knows which menu.

Herman Ross

Seattle, USA