Sign in to follow this  
teropa

RealAir C172

Hi all,

Seeking information on the possible release schedule / feature set of the upcoming Realair C172. The RA web page information is very sparse.

I have seen the RA guys posting here, so maybe... :)

Tero

PPL(A)

Guest Mik75

I am very interested in these informations too! ;-)

I love their latest release, the fantastic Legacy, but I waited so long for a decent C172...

I am very interested in these informations too! ;-)

Me also

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

They featured a brand new C-172 (with the glass cockpit) on Flying Wild Alaska this week. Ariel used it for stall training.

Ed Farley

Guest Mik75

There is already a very good C182T (Flight 1). But since this is a glass cockpit (G1000, very nicely modelled) I am looking forward to a basic trainer with steam gauges and in depth system modelling.

The Flight 1 182 is really good. I can't imagine Caranedo will do as good a job with the G1000 but I will glad to be proved wrong!

Their model looks a little better but we'll have to see about the G1000... they've put up some more pics on FB.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hi all,

Seeking information on the possible release schedule / feature set of the upcoming Realair C172. The RA web page information is very sparse.

I have seen the RA guys posting here, so maybe... :)

Tero

When RealAir starts posting teaser screenshots of the C172 on their website, it will be getting close to release date. I'm betting on sometime later this year.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I guarantee you one thing: for out-of-the-envelope flight modeling, RealAir's should be the best. Carenado's 182 will probably have the nicest frame rates.

RealAir is the only maker that can do stalls and spins correctly. Every other plane I have which boasts accurate stalls can be recovered from by continuous pulling back of the yoke and using ailerons. This is guaranteed death in real life, just ask Colgan and AirFrance.

I was amazed the other day when I tried to do an engine-out on take-off experiment similar to a very security camera video that sadly captured a pilot in this scenario trying to make an accurately named impossible turn. Obviously freaking out half-way through the 180 degree turn back to the airport, he slammed on the inside rudder, skidding the plane, causing the inside wing to dip and stall installing entering a 90 degree nose down spin. I tried this engine-off skidding turn in RealAir's Scout and the exact same thing happened: inside wing stalls, plane enters a spin and goes instantly nose down and even did one full spin rotation similar to a real incident.

Granted, not every plane needs to be able to simulate these edge cases which is why I still purchase planes from Carenado and others but I am thankful that RA does them and others should at least do stalls correctly -- I'm sure it's not that easy to get FSX to handle them correctly, though.

In short: I am _very_ excited that RealAir is going to give us an up-to-date 172 for FSX!

RealAir is the only maker that can do stalls and spins correctly. Every other plane I have which boasts accurate stalls can be recovered from by continuous pulling back of the yoke and using ailerons.

Now that's just not so. While RealAir does a good job of modeling stalls and spins and sideslips, it's not the only maker that does so. I think even Carenado has a couple of planes that will stall and spin okay (the 337? the C185?), thanks mostly to Bernt, I believe. But several other makers, notably A2A, do just as good a job as RealAir. KC's new Seabee does one of the most realistic spins of any of the planes I have.

Back on topic: I too will be quite happy to see the C172 by RealAir become available. Hard to believe I can get excited by a recreation of one of the least exciting airplanes ever made, but I've put so many hours in a C172 in RL, and it's such an iconic plane now, that it will be nice to have one that really flies like it should in FSX.

Now that's just not so. While RealAir does a good job of modeling stalls and spins and sideslips, it's not the only maker that does so. I think even Carenado has a couple of planes that will stall and spin okay (the 337? the C185?), thanks mostly to Bernt, I believe. But several other makers, notably A2A, do just as good a job as RealAir. KC's new Seabee does one of the most realistic spins of any of the planes I have.

I wouldn't dare to say I've tried every plane and there are others plenty good, too. But I have tried on the Aerosoft Diamond 20, Carenado Bonanza (with standard and the tweaked airefile) and earlier today on A2A's Cub. While each does some things nicely on all three of those I was able to simply get through a stall by pulling up on the yoke the entire time and at no time would the planes drop a wing.

At the end of the day, stalls and spins are difficult for simulators and my comment was to compliment RA instead of calling out others :)

I was just responding to your explicit claim that only RealAir models stalls and spins correctly. Spins appear to be hard to model in FSX. It would be nice if the Cub spun better. But you can't "get through" a stall in the Cub with stick full back. It may not spin, but it doesn't recover by itself either. It will "mush" right down to the ground if you hold back stick, which is accurate.

I wasn't arguing with your praise of RealAir, who definitely deserve praise for their FD modeling. Just with your claim that they are the only ones who do it correctly.

RealAir is the only maker that can do stalls and spins correctly.

Um... no!

Back on topic: I too will be quite happy to see the C172 by RealAir become available. Hard to believe I can get excited by a recreation of one of the least exciting airplanes ever made, but I've put so many hours in a C172 in RL, and it's such an iconic plane now, that it will be nice to have one that really flies like it should in FSX.

LOL, I don't understand my own enthusiasm for this model, but I can't wait to take it for a spin.

Frank L.T