Sign in to follow this  
teropa

RealAir C172

I'll buy both A2A and RA as long as they cover slightly different models (which I believe they are).

If they both covered the same C172 model, well, it would be a close race, but I think A2A would just win it for me, as they get just a little ahead on overall immersion and having a (realistic) slight wornness.

A2A are just one of those creators, where you can almost smell the AVGAS when you're sitting in the VC :smile:

RA are fab and I own everything they've released, but their VCs tend to be just a little too shiny for my tastes.

I'll buy both A2A and RA as long as they cover slightly different models (which I believe they are).

If they both covered the same C172 model, well, it would be a close race, but I think A2A would just win it for me, as they get just a little ahead on overall immersion and having a (realistic) slight wornness.

A2A are just one of those creators, where you can almost smell the AVGAS when you're sitting in the VC

RA are fab and I own everything they've released, but their VCs tend to be just a little too shiny for my tastes.

Totally agree, If Real Air will cover a sligtly different modell I will buy them booth, If it's the same I'll go for A2A.

This thread is almost a year old, hopefully the RA or A2A C172 will be released before its a 2 yr old thread ... looking forward to sampling both of them myself, I am confident they will both be superb models.

This thread is almost a year old, hopefully the RA or A2A C172 will be released before its a 2 yr old thread ... looking forward to sampling both of them myself, I am confident they will both be superb models.

Yes, but Im kinda getting used to this waiting game when it comes to FSX addons, but Im sure when we get them it will be worth all the waiting B)

Hi,

Has the RA C172 been cancelled? Can't find it from the RealAir pages anymore? "Coming soon" section has been removed.

Tero

PPL(A)

Guest tymk

Hi!

Yes, it has been effectively canceled. Scroll a bit down the "Latest news" section at RA for explanation.

Tym

Well that is disappointing news :(. I wouldn't have imagined that they ever cancel the Cessna. After all, it was Cessna that got people into Realair. 

Well, goes to show that in this business you can't rely on anything...

And still it is so that there ain't a decent C172 around (flight-model!).

Tero

PPL(A)

Well, goes to show that in this business you can't rely on anything...

And still it is so that there ain't a decent C172 around (flight-model!).

Sure there is! The A2A model is great. It would have been awesome if RealAir had released theirs, but we at least have the insanely realistic A2A one. :smile:

Brandon Filer

And the V2 Turbine will be out sooner

I don't care much for the small planes out of reach in real life anymore. A good flight model C172 would have been something else. Currently mostly flying Diesel-powered Cessnas, so that would be extra sweet. I also know they are getting more and more common in Europe. Our club has two!

But like said, too bad. The A2A flight model is not something I buy into myself. It flies nice for the most part, but the real interaction for example in crosswinds seems very foreign to me. Kind of then makes the training aspect with the sim a no-go.

Tero

PPL(A)

This is disappointing to say the least

I have already ported over the Twins (Real Air) to P3D 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter