Sign in to follow this  
teropa

RealAir C172

Maybe I've missed this: somebody already knows which C172 version will they develop?

Looking at what they have released sofar I suspect a 172R or newer. Probably a 172S with steam gauges and several Garmin configurations.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Apparently, I needed to add "of the planes I have flown" to my statement. Please read as such ;)

And I just re-tried the Cub. Power-off stalls it does mush to the ground. A power-on stall I can stay at pretty much the same altitude for a long time pulling back on the yoke and using ailerons to keep her steady. Having not flown a Cub I won't say this isn't right but I do doubt it. Power-on stalls are usually quite dramatic in most planes.

Anyway, I will edit my post a bit so we can focus on my original point: correct stall and spin modeling is difficult in FSX and pretty rare in planes. RA does a great job :)

Anyone got anymore info/update on this? The website is still only saying "Coming Soon". I would be really interested in this.

Well Realair 172 should be an absolute stunner as all realair planes has proven beyond doubt they are the best GA manufacturers... But dont forget that A2A is also bringing out a 172 with accusim.. now if you ask me, that should be something, because if I go on what they produce with their warbirds and they can carry that kinda work over in the GA market.. O boy..!! Instant best seller..!!

ASA and RA probably going to be close in quality. For me, whichever is first! :huh:

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

I'm probably one of those small group of people that use the C-172 for most of their flying, so I'll likely end up buying both.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

I'm probably one of those small group of people that use the C-172 for most of their flying, so I'll likely end up buying both.

Ernie

I use it quite a lot too since I started flying a real one for flying lessons.

I've held off on RealAirs latest aircraft,But The SkyHawk will be a "Must Buy" for me.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

I've held off on RealAirs latest aircraft,But The SkyHawk will be a "Must Buy" for me.

Same here, I am dying to see the first screenies of it!!

I've held off on RealAirs latest aircraft,

Why? You're missing one heck of an aircraft...

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The Legacy is not only one of RealAir's best aircraft, it's one of the best addon aircraft out there period.

• Upvote 2

Without doubt the Legacy is one of FSX's all time greats! Do not deny yourself the pleasure.

• Upvote 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I would ask people who claim that one company is great and the others bad consider a prime fact: there are a relative few people who code up things such as FDE's. These people tend to quietly work for a number of different companies. So, you might be surprised to see who hires who behind the scenes.

I will also say that often the very characteristics of an aircraft that make it more faithful to the real world version are the FDE areas that get the greatest amount of criticism. I point out the endless series of challenges received on the MilViz Cessna 310R's p-effect on takeoff roll. It is very realistic and yet people complain about it all the time. Well, go fly a real one and crank up the engines, release brakes, and see how much rudder you have to put in to counter the p-effect!

I have found that it really comes down to an airplane versus airplane weighing. I like Flight One stuff, but they are by no means the only company that produces excellent aircraft in all areas of measure, FDE included.

I will end by saying that it's your money so it's your choice. But, I would urge an open-minded point of view on this sort of thing.

Cheers,

Ken

• Upvote 1

Why? You're missing one heck of an aircraft...

Hello Ryan.The Aircraft just doesn't interest me personally,Also since I fly X-Plane and DCS I need to watch I make purchases that I'll actually use and put some Hrs on.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick