Sign in to follow this  
tyda0501

Downloaded liveries not appearing in FSX

Ok, I know what your thinking and YES I have the "show all variations" feature checked. This problem occurred after a fresh install of both FSX and the pmdg 747. I think the "downloader" or livery manager may be sending the liveries to the wrong folder. How do I go about fixing this?

Thanks, Dave

Win7. 64bit

Are you downloading the FSX versions and not the FS9? Do the textures show up in the SimObjects PMDG 747 folder? Is the aircraft.cfg file showing the additional liveries? Lastly, do you have administrative rights in Win7?

So I have full administrative rights in Win7. I am downloading FSX versions only. I do not see the textures in simobjects nor the CFG file. I only see the default pmdg textures. Hope there is some steps to make it work. Thanks for your help.

Make sure you right click on the livery installer and select "Run as administrator" regardless of what type of privileges you have under your account. Also try and run the Flight1 registry repair tool then restart your computer and everything should be fixed up.

Download the Registry repairer from here:http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library

Well, I tried the above steps and even though the flight1 application said it was successful, I still cannot see my liveries. Is there any other tricks? Thanks a lot.

Dave.

Dave,

The only other thing that I can suggest is uninstalling FSX and all associated products and reinstalling them into their own folder (C:/Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator X). Windows 7 does strange things to Folders inside the "Program Files" folder and this includes protecting them and all files inside them against editing which is probably why your liveries are not installing as the required files and folders are unable to be written into the directory. I had my FSX installation in the default place (C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator X) and I was encountering all sorts of strange problems, I was told to reinstall FSX into its own folder. Since ive reinstalled everything I have had no problems. Think of it as a little bit of pain for a lot of gain.

P.S Make sure you restart your computer after each new product has been installed.

So the texture files aren't showing up at all???? Do the liveries show up under add/remove programs?

Remove the liveries from there and try to reinstall. As a side note, do you have Wilco 737?