Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Problem with Aerosofts Airbus - Fatal crash

I just got the Aerosoft's Airbus and it would not load in fsx win 7 64 os. sometimes it does load and then fsx quits with a fatal error after like 10 min of flying.

From their forum, it looks like this is happening to many folks running on win 7 64 bit os.

Anyone here using their airbus on win 7 64 bit os without a problem or had a problem and found a solution?

Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I am one of those that can't use the AirbusX because of this problem. I too have Windows 7 64 bit with FSX and Acceleration. This issue has bedeviled Aerosoft and they have never found a solution for it. Lately they have become quite defensive about it when it is brought up on their forums, so many, like myself, have just given up asking them for help and simply just don't use the package. All my other packages PMDG, QW, Level-D all work fine. I am hoping that the new version, the AirbusX Extended might cure that problem.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Try starting FSX by right-clicking the icon and clicking "run as administrator". This worked for me.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I run it on Win7 64bit. Try running it as administrator.

Before you load the Airbus in FSX, first load a default plane such as the cessna. Then when you' re at the airport load the Airbus. That worked for me.

========================

HAPPY FLYING

Raymond

Unfortunately that is not the issue as I do run it as administrator. My best hunch is that it has something to do with the gps.dll file in the main FSX directory. If you pull that file out, AirbusX won't crash, but then a lot of the functions of the panel are gone.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Private post

==========

Aerosoft makes some fine products. I know how difficult it is to iron out bugs so I hate to record this, but I cannot make their Airbus X even load. It crashes every time whatever I load first, and whatever settings I have. Pity as it looks rather good.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

I have this addon running it on a I7 930 CPU OC to 4.0Mhz with 12GIGS of memory, Nvidia GTX480 and Win7Ultimate-64Bit and it never once crashed on me. Maybe the memory is helping? I don't know but I have never once experience any crash issues and I have flown the Airbus for long hours too. The only issue was with setting-up the throttles which was a pain in the arse! I since fixed that when I purchase a Saitek Throttle set and a registered version of FSUIPC and all is well.

I really like this addon and I can't wait for the new Extended version.

peace

Hi egguzmann,

It is strange how this affects some but not others. I wonder if win7 ultimate has a different result compared with win7 premium 64 bit? I get either g3d.ll errors or ntdll.dll errors every time and this seems to be the same with others. I don't think it is RAM because there a lots of users with various amounts of memory getting the crashes.

Since you are posting about this may I ask what sort of frame rates you are getting with medium scenery and a little traffic? Thank you.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Hi egguzmann,

It is strange how this affects some but not others. I wonder if win7 ultimate has a different result compared with win7 premium 64 bit? I get either g3d.ll errors or ntdll.dll errors every time and this seems to be the same with others. I don't think it is RAM because there a lots of users with various amounts of memory getting the crashes.

Since you are posting about this may I ask what sort of frame rates you are getting with medium scenery and a little traffic? Thank you.

Hi Robert,

I don't have any fancy scenery Airports or any special ground/mesh addons. I think those addons do much harm then good, for me anyway..That's my opinon.

I do have a traffic addon, UT2 and REX-E. I have UT2 set to 65% Comercial traffic and 35% GA traffic. With my PC set-up, and using Word Not Allowed's config, I get between 20-30 FPS which is ok for me. It is smooth most of the time. It does gets a little choppy when landing at airports but not much and it goes away quick.

This is the best I can get with my PC. Probably with a better CPU I can get it much better but that's far down the road, I don't plan on getting a new CPU this year.

peace!

Guys, I fly every flight with the Airbus X and I use Win7 x64.

Here are my recommendations:

1. If you are using Flight1 Audio Environment disable that DLL that loads up in the DLL.xml. For some reason it doesn't seem to get on with the Gpsmodule.dll.

2. Load up with the default trike or C172 first then switch to the Airbus X (many add-on developers recommend this).

3. Unplug any gamepads from the PC before running FSX, to avoid problems with the throttle.

Hope that helps!