Sign in to follow this  
ofentress

Re: Capt. Sim 777

Not having any of the Capt. Sim product, I'm curious if their 777 has a 2D cockpit. In looking at all of their marketing material, I can't tell from that whether they do or not.

Jack

Well. Afaik, CS is well known for their 757 series.

I only used msfs 777 once when fs9 still was in use by nearly everybody. So, I don't know much about this a/c. But, isn't there a 777 fsx publication to come by PMDG? For me, it would be more interesting to wait for a PMDG 757, because I am a convinced customer. A disadvantage is, I am no longer objective...

-_-

I think the answer is no. but they will likely have a 2D FMS CDU.

John, your interests are making the post massive. :Hypnotized:

But anyway, no, the CS 777 doesn't have a 2D panel, and the PMDG one won't either.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I guess you mean.. interesting. :P

As you folks say, I'd expect the 777 to come like the 707 or 737. That's a full VC cockpit and popups for some gauges like MCP, EFB and FMC. That's my guess and there won't be a full 2D cockpit form what I can tell.

Since the VC only things are getting more and more, perhaps some custom EZCA views can help the folks looking for a 2D like experience. On the gauges with a high amount of click work involved, I'd prefer the real 2D popups though. Therefore, e.g. the 2D FMC makes sense.

Your addon list and computer specs aren't exactly helping either. Big%20Grin.gif

I guess you mean.. interesting. :P

No. Just massive. Big%20Grin.gif

Quick question: with payware aircraft that don't have a 2D cockpit panel, is it possible to add one of your own? Can you find a nice 777 panel, drop it in your aircraft file, and add/change a few lines to the .cfg or something like that?

Yes, you usually can add 2D panels, in fact I have done so with some Captain Sim aircraft.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Yes, you usually can add 2D panels, in fact I have done so with some Captain Sim aircraft.

Do you mean single gauges like the AP or some radio stack or are you speaking about complete 2D cockpit mods, Alan? The latter may be worth posting over at CS.

I'm very happy in the VC plus certain popups, but for example some full 2D 707 cockpit may still be able to please some folks.

Besides, I'm still impressed by John's interests. I will set up mine accordingly. ^_^