Sign in to follow this  
geedub

News Flash! "Lancair Legacy wins Wimbledon finals!"

One-time tennis fanatic explains...

"It's true! Every year I'm glued to the set this time of year - but this year I couldn't tear myself away from my computer! I left my wife to watch the finals on her own while I flew my new Lancair Legacy aircraft for hours on end! Addictive? I guess you could say that. It's just that this flight simulator add-on has it ALL. Everything I ever wanted in a light GA plane. Totally immersive, drop-dead gorgeous, super fast, and a distinguished challenge to fly properly. Just what I like. Classy gauge options, amazing sounds, well the list just goes on and on. And ... at last I can practice those spins, loops, and barrel-rolls from almost 50 years ago! Tremendous fun! A grand Slam!"

So, thank you Rob and Team. What a Winner! Your long-admired commitment to excellence has delivered a genuine masterpiece. Your magnum opus. The Legacy is surely destined to be a 'classic' - a must-have for simmers right across the board. Congratulations! And a big THANK YOU!

Cheers,

Gareth

Now Gareth, there is no need to be shy, circumspect or introverted. You are among friends. Tell us what you really think of the Legacy!

:yahoo:

But Roger Federer has an amazing legacy!

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Really enjoyed your responses guys! I know, unbridled enthusiasm bordering on the OTT. But then I've always been a firm believer in 'when you're onto a good thing pass it on.' I certainly don't speak with forked tongue about this little plane and flatly refuse to put my motives under any sort of cynical scrutiny!

By the way, do you have the Legacy yourselves yet? If not, you may like as much as I do. Like you, I've tried so many add-on a/c, including RealAir and found myself eventually bored and dissatisfied. With the notable exception of the PMDG NGX 737, of course. The Legacy raises the bar, plain and simple (for GA).

St Mawgan, being from the UK myself, I was rooting for Andy Murray. The only thing I envy about Federer is that he could go out and pay cash for a top of the line Legacy and make only a tiny dent in his winnings from the men's finals. But then I would be aiming low. He would need something bigger and more comfortable for his twin daughters ... Anyone for tennis?

By the way, do you have the Legacy yourselves yet?

Yes Sir! I bought it within moments of being released, refreshing the page over and over again, credit card in hand. It is better even than I expected, and since I enjoy all of the RealAir FSX aircraft, I expected a lot.

Kind regards,

Uncharacteristic admission of being unprofessional:

"Sometimes I accelerate upon entry into a landing pattern just so that I have to use the speed brakes with their wonderful deployment sounds and subsequent increased wind noise and gloriously trembling airframe."

:p0503:

being from the UK myself, I was rooting for Andy Murray.

Remembering his unsporting comment about England's football team, where Murray said he would support "Anyone who England are playing.", I took a leaf out of his own sense of loyalty to the UK and was cheering for Federer. :lol:

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

It is better even than I expected, and since I enjoy all of the RealAir FSX aircraft, I expected a lot.

That about sums it up, I think. Many of us bought right at release and with high expectations. For most of us, those expectations were exceeded.

While I'm not in the "this has made me stop flying any other GA" camp - I have a number of GA planes I still find to be excellent and that represent real-world planes in which I have strong interests - it does set new standards in many areas and it is just plain fun to fly.

Scott

Remembering his unsporting comment about England's football team, where Murray said he would support "Anyone who England are playing.", I took a leaf out of his own sense of loyalty to the UK and was cheering for Federer. :lol:

Al

Not just me then? That comment and his gob put me off of any support from me...ever! I couldn't even watch the final in case he DID win!

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I join the virtual pilot and I want to say that is really a joy to hand fly this aircraft, and you can hear when you make wrong move.

After the NGX we can say that finally we got also a GA at the same level.

Reading the manual it's fun, it's full of future that are not usual on a GA like that, effect like needle jumping when the engine start like in real world and stall speed, every kind of sound when operate are really awesome.

The integration with Realxp it's perfect.

Flyng the Lancair in Orbix terrain is really the perfect combi, I wish one day they will create a Caravan with all this future.

Funny thing, I never really took to the guy (AM) either. He always looked so darned miserable. And his wife and mum in the stands today ... I wondered who was going to end up crying first. Still, the Scots have a reputation for being a bit on the dour side. Anyway, now that I have the low down from Ron and Chock I have decided to switch allegiances to the affable Jo-Wilfred Tsonga. Next year he's my man. Unless someone can dish me some dirt in the meantime.

:ph34r:

Getting back to the subject in hand, a nice balanced comment there from Scott. To be fair, I still rate my Carenado Cessna 210, Beech B58 and Bonanza 33A. And my A2A Spit with Accu-feel.

I has suddenly dawned on me that while I'm busy typing this I'm not splitting the skies in my Legacy. This is Legacy lunacy - I'm off!

St Mawgan, being from the UK myself, I was rooting for Andy Murray. The only thing I envy about Federer is that he could go out and pay cash for a top of the line Legacy and make only a tiny dent in his winnings from the men's finals. But then I would be aiming low. He would need something bigger and more comfortable for his twin daughters ... Anyone for tennis?

You are the first British person I have ever come across who wanted Murray to win. I was switching back and forth and stopped after I saw he had won the first set. My flatmate gave me a shout when Federer was up a set and a break in the fourth and I started to watch it again.

Anyway even if he had won he would only have been the first British person to win a Wimbledon Championship since, er, yesterday :lol:

Back to the subject in hand though - I don't have it yet. I don't know why, it just doesn't really grab me.

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog