Sign in to follow this  
Guest emergency_pants

More Liberty...This time from Canada

In times of war, the involved parties have a strong interest in reporting that the war is going their way. This leads to censorship, propaganda and delibarate misinformation. Therefore, I wouldn't trust anything that's reported by the Iraqi, US, British or Australian media, and definitely not reports that come from 'embedded' journalists, whatever their nationality.I'm afraid that even with all the information technology available today, it will still be a few years before we find out what's really happening in Iraq right now.Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Guest mikehaska

I usually like to keep silent when Braun posts- kinda "ignore it and it will go away", but I thought this time I'd add something:The National Post is owned by CanWest Global, who also own the Global TV network, National Post.com, Canada.com, and other auxiliary media holdings. The owner, Izzy Asper, and his son, are both well known (or should I say, notorious) for having slanted views displayed in their newspapers. One of these views is a fierce pro-"Americanism", so I would urge great caution when using this source to back your claim.As well, keep in mind that the southern regions of Iraq have always been anti-Saddam, so their enthusiasm isn't unexpected.Finally, the reporter of this piece is an "embedded" journalist, so he is only reporting his own point of view. He does not have the benefit from interviewing outside sources or researching other stories being published, so this piece is more akin to an "editorial" than a substantative news piece.

Mike, et al: With all due respect, I quote:the southern regions of Iraq have always been anti-Saddam, so their enthusiasm isn't unexpected.Your point? Should a rational, just, humane, intelligent person be "Pro-Saddam?"Look at the pictures of the people. In the port city. Starving. Happy. Scared. Hopeful.As far as the "embedded" journalist theory? And many of you call me a conspiracy nut! Ha! LOLCheers,

Hi Braun,>As far as the "embedded" journalist theory? And many of you call me a conspiracy nut! Ha! LOLhttp://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Guest emergency_pants

I'm not sure I understand the reasoning behind posting this link, on this forum. In the past few weeks I feel like I've been bombarded with War 'coverage', be it propaganda or not. And now here too. Is there never a time and a place?I should remember not to involve myself in these discussions in the future, but I did want to just politely post my protest.Kindly smiles,Simon.