Sign in to follow this  
WR269

New Aviation book coming up..."QFA32"

Not sure you remember the QF A380 which had an engine blow out on departure from Singapore...the big Bus suffered massive damage from the debris...

Just saw this announcement...

Quote...My book about the QF32 flight, aptly called "QF32" and published by Pan Macmillan is finished. The book will be formally launched by the media on 21 July and the book will be available at the end of the month. The dust cover looks good, except that the publisher wanted my photo on the front - not what I wanted, but so be it.

The book can be ordered from www.QF32.Aero(delivery world wide), Amazon (electronic only) or any Australian bookshop.

I have signed all books that are purchased from www.QF32.Aero

There's absolutely no pressure to purchase a copy - I just wanted to let you know that the book is out and if you're interested.

Kind regards

Rich

Richard de Crespigny

A380 Captain.... ................. end of quote

It should be a good read!

Guest dlrk

He thinks very highly of himself!

If I was the Captain on that A380, and I survived to write a book about it, i would think highly of myself too.

Will, maybe the mods can move this too hangar chat forum.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I agree on both counts. Dont see anybody chastising Sullenberger for his public appearances, it is good to read about feats like these, i for one have pre-ordered my book, cant wait to read it.

I personally know Matt who was First Officer on-board that flight through my other friend who's a Second Officer on them. He and all the crew have an amazing/scary story to tell. I'd recommend watching this program on Youtube if you're interested and not seen it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGiITFlaafI

Oh nice! I'll look for it the next time I go to the book shop.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Glad I watched it. Very interesting!

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

I read it in the back of a 73 bus over the weekend. It's worth a read for those who like flying their sim heavy metal around.

I've just finished reading it... wow....gotta say my views on the A380 have changed....what a machine! To have been so controllable after suffering a staggering amount of damage is almost beyond comprehension.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Tapatalk 2