Sign in to follow this  

Hidden glance (R) feature (?)

By accident I noticed a nice feature of the glance option ®. But it might be a bug also, I don't know. :wink: Anyway, I use the topdown view together with R quite often when I am closing in on an airport (specially when I am not using GMap) to see where I need to go. I also use that option for finding the parking spot. Seeing it from the topdown view makes is much more clear where you have to go. However, it's a bit cumbersome to press F12 and then having to keep R down in order to see where you have to go. (I also have a knob for it on my joystick but still...)

This evening I discovered by accident that when you go to topdown view, press and hold R and the go back to the VC view BEFORE letting go of R (so you let go of R after you are back in the VC), topdown view is 'stuck' in the R view! So after doing this, you can go back to the topdown view (F12) and you will immediately see where you have to go without pressing the R key! Since I mainly use topdown view together with the R key, this is perfect for me. :wink:

Just give it a try if you don't know what I am talking about. (I'd also like to know if this works for everyone):

- when flying a job press F12 to go to topdownview

- press and hold the R key: you will see where you have to go

- while still holding the R key switch back to the VC (F7) and then let go of the R key

- whenever you press F12 from now on, you will immediately see where you have to go!

Anyone still with me here...? :wink:

I set my joystick trigger for Glance so it's easy to activate it momentarily, but this could be interesting too.

Does it stay stuck that way? Or can you push glance again to reset the top-down view? I can see being stuck like that being a problem in some situations.

Does it stay stuck that way? Or can you push glance again to reset the top-down view? I can see being stuck like that being a problem in some situations.

It resets it again if you push glance again in top-down view.

Ah, yes, forgot about that: as soon as you press R and let it go, glance is off. So it only gets stuck as long as you don't use the R key in topdown view anymore.

EDIT

What EastCoastGuy said. :wink:

Like you said, Jeroen, it is probably a bug! :rolleyes: But, I guess we could consider it an "undocumented feature"! :LMAO:

Best regards.

Luis