Sign in to follow this  
CarlosF

Beta 10.10 is out!

It feels more stable. But no improvement in fps for me, I might have to go back to HDR only at night for now.

I do agree with you 100%. Take the little guy for example. The one that makes one plane for the first time. He's not PMDG or Flight1 or Carenado for the short list. It is someone like Baytower who's RV was almost perfect upon release. If this little guy was to put something out that was buggy, he would last about 2 days. But, if your x-plane you can get away with it. Why is this? Now x-plane and Baytower cannot really be compared I believe because of the complexity of the products, but one could argue that it should not matter. It is the audience that determines the fate of any company. You either buy it or you don't. Take for example the new ProATCX. This program was incredibly buggy and many within a week asked for their money back, and they got it. Why did they get it back you might ask? Very good question I think. Those unhappy with x-plane, do me a favor and ask for your money back. I don't know what Laminar would say really. My guess is sorry, all sales are final. So why does one company allow it and another not? Now, ProATCX is coming right along and improving daily. Everyone is smiling. For those unhappy, just ask. They cannot say yes and no at the same time. Flight1 has a 30 day money back guarantee. How can they do that? Are they nuts? I wish I could explain this but I cant. I have the demo of x-plane and still have not purchased it. I keep checking back and trying the interim releases, but I am still not ready. It certainly looks promising but it is not quite there yet IMO. I want x-plane to be successful and I too am guilty of slamming the product from time to time. I dont really know why because I have not spent any money.

Bob

Thanks for the reply Bob. I too, like you, want x plane 10 to succeed, thats WHY I bought it. I THOUGHT it would not have been a BUGGY release from a software company that released a product for sale. How many products do we know, don't work properly when we purchase it? If it's BUGGY in anyway, shape or form, you take the damn thing back and either get your money back or you get a different one all together. That's what MOST of us customer's do when we purchase an item. Atleast, I know I do.

I just was upset they released this without, what I believe was premature - almost like a money grab for laminar. This put a little bit of a bad taste in my mouth and if they want to compete they are going to have to do a lot better than that as a company. I think this also might be why we won't be seeing ORBX scenery involved in third party creations - I've read they won't be onboard with them. That's unfortunate for us. I heard Aerosoft are making 15 titles, but will they do more than that? That's the question.

People are building new machines to run x plane 10 and I think in the end, after the re-coding is completed, they won't have needed to build it to run it properly. Give it time I guess and it'll prob run a core duo LOL - who knows..

These companies really have to learn what the public think of them because with no customers, comes no money and then "NO COMPANY" -- No customer's no job! --

Keep your customers happy and they will do the same in return. MY motto :)

Sorry for my response then. Appreciate your reply. Though, you'll understand that quoting "$80 down the drain" and saying "Back to FSX" conveys an hostile attitude here.

Anyway, back to topic. Columbia 400 is nice. My 10.10 crashes as well, but only if/when joystick is plugged. Performance with clouds seems significantly better on my ATI card. Funky clouds with HDR on though:

I'm curious why you call this person a troll when they said, 80.00 down the drain. I'd like to know what you think he meant by 80 dollars down the drain? I'm just intested to know why that seems hostile to you? He is a paying customer isn't he? - Like me ... I paid $140.00

I wonder if some people can read. To download this release, you had to check a box called "Check for new betas as well as updates. Leave this off unless you want to participate in the X-Plane beta program!"

Nothing is down the drain. uncheck that box so your X-Plane installation can be reverted to the stable 10.05 release.

DO NOT DOWNLOAD X-PLANE BETA RELEASES IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO PARTICIPATE TO THE BETA PROGRAM. EXPECT BETA RELEASES TO BE BUGGY AND UNSTABLE.

Marco

I have a comment to your post here. I purchased an item called XPLANE 10 and it says that on the package - there is no BETA written anywhere on my package. Just stating facts here.

Thanks

Rob

p.s. There was also no small print saying that this program was an ongoing beta release. That I'm aware of.

Don't be upset when a paying customer isn't getting what they are paying for in the first place.

Just saying.

Kind regards,

Rob

*A Techy Customer Service Rep by trade"

Welcome Trance!

Im on the same setup, only had one crash, but was impressed by the new auto crash reporter.

Yes, this is a massive beta, expect it not to be perfect for awhile. Enjoy the fixes and improvements as they emerge.

My Crash reporter came up when I closed the program when I was done with it. I'd say that's a coding issue for the IMACs LOL ... I was shaking my head at the time that happened LOL

It's a beta - didn't you read the disclaimer before downloading the beta? Uncheck the Beta box and rerun the installer to revert back to the stable release.

I didn't read this myself until I spent 140.00 on the box that says Xplane 10 - Ultra Realistic Flight Simulator -- there is no BETA written anywhere on my box, is there one on yours?

I agree, its frustrating to buy software and find there are lots of bugs. Ive grown accustomed to it over the years. I cant think of any software game, or flightsim that didnt have bugs in it. There are more bugs in flightsims nowadays than there were years ago, but I think this is due to our small size market.

Flightsims are sadly, not that popular as they once were. Remember the 90's when a new flightsim came out allmost every month? Most had bugs, but no t many showstoppers.

Those days are long over and now companies are selling products in unfinished and beta forms just to get some much needed revenue flowing to keep it going. DCS series and Rise of Flight have both released buggy half finsished products and then used the revenue to fix, patch and add on to those products. Now they are spectacular.

Its just how its done these days. Im not saying I like it, but if thats the only way Ill eventualy get a great new flight sim, Ill take it.

Rob

French troll on top of that. I love the french language and all, but have something USEFULL to say.

And for all those who are complaining about the BETA not working right: FREAKING DUH!!! They remade a lot of underlying stuff like the joystick system is completely new. It will have issues that they didn't test for in their limited hardware setup that we all in the vast world we live in have many different choices. Instead of saying that XP and LR are CRAP for not getting it right the first time out, DON'T get the BETA, wait for a stable release only. You will hear of the improvements being made, but will have to wait for Austin to say that enough people are having no issues with the current feature set before you will get them and THAT version should work flawlessly for your setup as it has been thoroughly tested by the many other users that ARE WILLING to have things screw up randomly as they add and change features and find out where the code is screwy.

I LOVE XPLANE and that's why I purchased it! :) I Saw the images I heard the OH MY GOD - this is it!! Finally a REAL simulator!

However; This is fine and dandy, for us to sit tight, but what you have to realize is it appears there may have been a little bit of a miscommunication upon the sale of this item.

There is NO mention of this being a BETA FLIGHT SIM - no where on this package that I paid a total of $140.00 for, said constant BETA RELEASES after beta release.

A paying customer that doesn't like to be taken for a ride.. :) -- I'll wait until they fix it and then maybe I'll run it again. It's nothing but a headache right now.

Warm Regards ...

Rob

I don't have XP-10 but I think XP-10 does have a good foundation to be a good sim., how long will it take to get there is the question.

Peoples who got XP-10 are complaining about it not been what they wanted or what they were expected....who's fault?

Would you pay full price for a brand new car without seats, lights or A/C in it and ***** at the car's salesman seven months later because he's not fixing these problems fast enough, or because the seats you got seven months later don't fit in the car the way they should?

So who's to blame if you buy a product 1/2 finished and pushed out the door to early......

Just my two cents.

I agree - totally. Don't get me wrong, I really LOVE the direction that x plane is going and I was talking them up something fierce and blasting FSX - but these Beta's were not part of the deal I signed up for. There was NO mention of Beta Release after Beta Release. I thought it was going to run MINT as soon as I installed it. But, as we ALL KNOW, it doesn't and didn't. Now we sit and wait to get it fixed, like the new car we just bought that isn't RUNNING properly LOL

It's just so discouraging and upsetting. Unfortunately.

Imagine what customers would have been doing if this was a car and laminar was the salesman. They would be running, fast lol

I think Laminar should hire me on their quality control team :)

+1 Jon. If it's too frustrating, just do something else, go back to 10.05, try another sim, kick a ball, anything. The proven history is that they'll fix everything, just be patient.

I've just used my time productively (I hope), check out what I just built with Benny's OSM! Hours of freaking tweaks to his night textures later, I present to you....

I'll report at the blog site later, i'm too busy drooling flying. Ben's right, X-plane is a cool scenery repository.

That is one beautiful shot - and I notice it's running at a whopping 13FPS - lol - sorry, couldn't resist, but it IS a beautiful shot!!

Kind Regards

Rob

That is one beautiful shot - and I notice it's running at a whopping 13FPS - lol - sorry, couldn't resist, but it IS a beautiful shot!!

Kind Regards

Rob

Ha, that was coz I was running a few programs at the same time. I can juuuust get 20fps with an average plane, it tanks with the 747, but I'm happy to be patient, since before the beta I was getting 23fps in the 747 with HDR on. They have a huge amount of tweaking yet to do

Didn't you test the free demo or read customer reviews before spending you money ?

:unsure: $140.00 ? Where did you get if for this expensive price ?

80.00 for the Cost of x plane 10

20.00 to ship it from the USA to Cadada

40.00 Charged by FEDEX for DUTY charges

= $140.00

and to top that off, I see they are now selling it for $69.00 what is up with that?

Don't get me wrong. I'm upset about how LR handles XP as well. It pains me to know what things I dislike in XP and may never see them resolved. I bought the sim knowing that it was revolutionary and the history of XP, but I believed that with all the hype leading up to release, it couldn't be as unfinished as it was. I let loose on the videos showing people what I received instead of what I was expecting. Las Vegas wasn't even close to a Las Vegas except in name and the statue of liberty was non-existent as were any other realistic checkpoint items. Now, everything in the sim that isn't there (like landmarks and buildings at airports) may have to be provided via 3rd party (WED users have to add them, upload and the updates provided in the next update release). That means that I could go to airports and never see a building at my favorite places unless I spend some time adding them myself. That is a letdown.

That all being said, the information as to where XP is currently at is out there. You don't have to buy something without knowing what it is. The beta downloads will be buggy until people adequately test them and submit reports to LR, we all know that. If you don't want to have software that will most certainly have issues for a good portion of the user base, wait until the code has been tested by other people first. Once they have assisted LR with the bug-squashing, you will get your bug-free product that is that much closer to what you and all of us will be hoping for.

Ha, that was coz I was running a few programs at the same time. I can juuuust get 20fps with an average plane, it tanks with the 747, but I'm happy to be patient, since before the beta I was getting 23fps in the 747 with HDR on. They have a huge amount of tweaking yet to do

Yes, we are all tweaking and to be honest, I'm not leaving my 10.10 5r1 until I KNOW FOR A FACT they have fixed all the issues and I'll have my new i7 2600K ready for that time, I'm sure :)

= $140.00

and to top that off, I see they are now selling it for $69.00 what is up with that?

and yes, I tried the demo and it kept crashing my plane after 10 min because of the limitation to the demo -- it ran fine other than that, in the demo for me. That WHY i bought it.

"I thought it was going to run MINT as soon as I installed it. But, as we ALL KNOW, it doesn't and didn't. Now we sit and wait to get it fixed, like the new car we just bought that isn't RUNNING properly LOL"

I buy everything with a credit card, Visa like my business a lot, so if I'm not happy with what I buy I can always return it in the time limit set by the credit card company, if a merchant did not want to refund my purchase I called Visa, every time the problem was solved in no time ......how many company like to have their products returned?

Again, who's fault?

A sim. that work flawlessly ........priceless. :lol:

Don't get me wrong. I'm upset about how LR handles XP as well. It pains me to know what things I dislike in XP and may never see them resolved. I bought the sim knowing that it was revolutionary and the history of XP, but I believed that with all the hype leading up to release, it couldn't be as unfinished as it was. I let loose on the videos showing people what I received instead of what I was expecting. Las Vegas wasn't even close to a Las Vegas except in name and the statue of liberty was non-existent as were any other realistic checkpoint items. Now, everything in the sim that isn't there (like landmarks and buildings at airports) may have to be provided via 3rd party (WED users have to add them, upload and the updates provided in the next update release). That means that I could go to airports and never see a building at my favorite places unless I spend some time adding them myself. That is a letdown.

That all being said, the information as to where XP is currently at is out there. You don't have to buy something without knowing what it is. The beta downloads will be buggy until people adequately test them and submit reports to LR, we all know that. If you don't want to have software that will most certainly have issues for a good portion of the user base, wait until the code has been tested by other people first. Once they have assisted LR with the bug-squashing, you will get your bug-free product that is that much closer to what you and all of us will be hoping for.

I appreciate your reply and I agree with you. I have so much love for what I want x plane to be and I know we al do. It's just not easy for a person like me that has no patience whatsoever :)

The flight physics alone, astound me on some of the planes and I just hope they get the third party developers together and get more airports, scenery etc.

I also wish they would have included a 64bit version on the main release. I wondered, was x plane 9 64bit? I am not sure, myself, but I know that one runs MINT 60-70 FPS on my iMac 27inch - the new version 20-29 tops right now - then I approach la guardia (pay ware) and I hit 9-12 FPS - just unbearable LOL

I will sit tight and try to remain calm. I'll let them test and get the bugs fixed and I'll come back when I think it's time. Hopefully then, I'll get that feeling I was hoping for when I first installed the sim to begin with.

Have a great night to you all and happy flying !

Kind Regards

Rob

"I thought it was going to run MINT as soon as I installed it. But, as we ALL KNOW, it doesn't and didn't. Now we sit and wait to get it fixed, like the new car we just bought that isn't RUNNING properly LOL"

I buy everything with a credit card, Visa like my business a lot, so if I'm not happy with what I buy I can always return it in the time limit set by the credit card company, if a merchant did not want to refund my purchase I called Visa, every time the problem was solved in no time ......how many company like to have their products returned?

Again, who's fault?

You sir, are a smart man. I used Paypal, but I am not sure what their policy is like. I'm just going to sit tight for now and see what happens. Hopefully, sometime I will get what I paid for "wink"

ROb

Glad you can see HDR - I can't even run it on my iMac - I'm building a new PC - i7 2600K OC'd to 4.5Gghz - Asus MOBO - 8 Gig 1600 Ram - HD Radeon 6950 - or 6970 2 GIG. That should do it! LOL -- I can't wait to see what HDR looks like on my PC lol

My Cat III - ILS Landing - A330 - imac 27 running 40FPS right now due to the fact there is no scenery to render ;) AP disengaged about 20FEET

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o57d8VX898&feature=plcp

Glad you can see HDR - I can't even run it on my iMac - I'm building a new PC - i7 2600K OC'd to 4.5Gghz - Asus MOBO - 8 Gig 1600 Ram - HD Radeon 6950 - or 6970 2 GIG. That should do it! LOL -- I can't wait to see what HDR looks like on my PC lol

Get faster rams (2133MHz) and get a Nvidia card (GTX 580 if you can).

I appreciate your reply and I agree with you. I have so much love for what I want x plane to be and I know we al do. It's just not easy for a person like me that has no patience whatsoever :)

The flight physics alone, astound me on some of the planes and I just hope they get the third party developers together and get more airports, scenery etc.

I also wish they would have included a 64bit version on the main release. I wondered, was x plane 9 64bit? I am not sure, myself, but I know that one runs MINT 60-70 FPS on my iMac 27inch - the new version 20-29 tops right now - then I approach la guardia (pay ware) and I hit 9-12 FPS - just unbearable LOL

I will sit tight and try to remain calm. I'll let them test and get the bugs fixed and I'll come back when I think it's time. Hopefully then, I'll get that feeling I was hoping for when I first installed the sim to begin with.

Have a great night to you all and happy flying !

Kind Regards

Rob

You sir, are a smart man. I used Paypal, but I am not sure what their policy is like. I'm just going to sit tight for now and see what happens. Hopefully, sometime I will get what I paid for "wink"

ROb

My Cat III - ILS Landing - A330 - imac 27 running 40FPS right now due to the fact there is no scenery to render ;) AP disengaged about 20FEET

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o57d8VX898&feature=plcp

Night Approach - 20FPS - 10.10 5r1 - not moving from ###### version just yet. Actual Captain of an airline told me i did a real nice flare LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEnD-N8uYJ0&feature=plcp

Get faster rams (2133MHz) and get a Nvidia card (GTX 580 if you can).

Ok, I may look into this then. Yeah, I'm looking into the GTX 580 but I want three screens for cockpit view - will it work on one GTX 580? I thought you have to have more than one for Nvidia - Radeon's you can do in 1 card.

Ok, I may look into this then. Yeah, I'm looking into the GTX 580 but I want three screens for cockpit view - will it work on one GTX 580? I thought you have to have more than one for Nvidia - Radeon's you can do in 1 card.

Looks like I might need the GTX 590 to do it with one card - the 580 only supports TWO monitors, only.

Looks like I might need the GTX 590 to do it with one card - the 580 only supports TWO monitors, only.

You can also get nvidia surround on the gtx 680 which is probably cheaper than the dual gpu 590. The 680 only has 2GB ram and the ATI cards start to pull away from the nvidia card when it comes to triple screens, quite possible because of the 3GB ram they have.

On the other hand it seems that xplane performs better on nvidia at the moment.

If you haven't seen my thread here http://forum.avsim.n...cs-performance/ you can get an indication of what xplane can do on an ati 7970 with 4x 1920x1080 screens.