Sign in to follow this  
VirginAus737

Thinking of taking the plunge for P3D

the way to look at p3d version 2 is like a new sim and we will have to rebuy, our older licences will remain intact for us if we choose not to buy the new sim when its launched. Any other information on it is pure personal guess work.

I would wait until P3D version 1.4 is released before investing your time and money in to that sim as there is some bugs ( slow ground texture loading as an example ) that will make you think you are flying fsx and fingers crossed these will be fixed in 1.4 :)

I would guess we could see the update in September as that fits in with the 6 month time span on updates that LM try to follow.

-Paul-

After 1.4 I'll be happy as a pig in doo doo.. If 2.0 ever comes then it will just be a bonus.

I absolutely love 1.3.. Once you get FSUIPC in there to stop G3D from falling apart the sim is rock solid with nice and fast texture loading and much better performance. It really is as if FSX received a service pack. It has some minor issues which I'm really looking forward to in 1.4. I'd even pay a small fee for 1.4 at this point. Anything it takes to keep Lockheed Martin developing the platform. Depending on how some things go I will upgrade to a Professional License soon..

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Professional License soon..

What would be the advantage, vs the academic license ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Do any of you use RealityXP gauges in FSX?

My understanding is that they do not work in P3D and that alone would

make me want to wait a while...

P3D may over time become FSXI - but there is not much there at present

to make me want to ditch FSX.

Bert

Most people who complain about performance never disabled bathymetry. (ocean floor terrain for submersibles) It's definitely a better performer than FSX for me on the same levels of settings.

Bathymetry is a beautiful thing, but if your system is low-end like mine you either learn to do without, or try to scale down other scenery features until you get a balance that works for you.

Keith Guillory

I absolutely love 1.3.. Once you get FSUIPC in there to stop G3D from falling apart

What do you mean G3D... g3d CTD?? P3D has the same problems than FSX? I know FSUIPC solves this one but I thought they solved the most obvious ones.

Waiting for 1.4 than.

Bert: P3D is FSX. They share the common ESP code. Lockheed Martin bought the code from MS.

For me P3D is FSX on vitamins, hopefully v2.0 will be FSX on steroids.

You are absolutely correct about the RXP gauges Bert, which is a real let down. Any chance you can talk with the RXP bubba about ,upgrade' licenses for FSX-P3D?

Versions 1.x may not be what everyone wants in terms of graphical upgrades, but smaller tweaks that are more difficult to notice like faster texture loading and other tweaks like allowing the sound to continue when P3D is in the background without using a third-party app like Soundstream are just a couple of examples. Also consider that a TML of 4096 and LOD of 6.5 can be set from within the sim, proves that LH is willing to listen to the user base and has never in my experience with them so far displayed even a tinge of arrogance when dealing with it's customers.

There is not one person at the helm saying, for example, "you will never have this" or, "you'll never have that." Instead all I've seen is, "we'll see if we can incorporate that into the next build, or see what it will take to do that in the future."

P3D has a bright future if we, meaning the FS Community, can create the base it needs.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

I had heard RXP have a non consumer license that works in P3D, more expensive. I didn't dig any further though

talk with the RXP bubba about ,upgrade' licenses for FSX-P3D?

They have a license for P3D. Its commercial. Get out your wallet, better yet, take out a loan.

RXP should consider a side by side license, or even an academic license.

Actually if they would include it in the unlimited pack, it might make it worthwhile.

They have a license for P3D. Its commercial. Get out your wallet, better yet, take out a loan.

I am aware of that, that is why I said 'upgrade'.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato