Sign in to follow this  
VirginAus737

Thinking of taking the plunge for P3D

Don't get me wrong - I wish P3D a successful future... and yes, I'll lobby Jean-Luc for an RXP upgrade

license from FSX to P3D. You might add your voices on the RXP support forum!

With the demise of MS Flight, now would be a good time!

Bert

I read somewhere that there will be no DX11 academic Prepar3D, only professional (the expensive option).

So, nobody can even direct me to the list of improvements in P3D over FSX? I'm starting to doubt there are any major improvements at all..

Depends on what you call major - it is an actively managed development project at present..

I would characterize the changes as minor, but all pointing in the right direction.

Bert

I read somewhere that there will be no DX11 academic Prepar3D, only professional (the expensive option).

Any chance you could provide the link to that as no information has been released from LM about v2 other than it will have dx11, it does sound like the myth mill of p3d strikes again imo as i cant see LM building 2 versions of the sim like that.

-Paul-

Any chance you could provide the link to that as no information has been released from LM about v2 other than it will have dx11, it does sound like the myth mill of p3d strikes again imo as i cant see LM building 2 versions of the sim like that.

yup - the rumors have started - no academic version, $500 prince reinstated, yada yada yada - other thyan it will be version 2.0 and be DX11 there have been NO releases of any further info about it.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Of course but it will only work if you own F1 Citation Mustang and you're a licensed member of it's forum...

http://mustang.fligh...ng-and-prepar3d

Here's the quote:

You will never see a DX11 Prepar3D unless you qualify for the full price professional product. There will be no DX11 academic Prepar3D

by NickN.

I would characterize the changes as minor, but all pointing in the right direction.

But there must be some list of those changes somewhere, right?

there is no lists to compare fsx to p3d as there never should be, you probably can view the release notes for each updated version of p3d but that will be about it. but 1.4 will have a lot of changes and bug fixes to it.

But on what NickN said.. that is quite a bold statement from him so i can only assume he is working for LM now for him to know that as V2 would have the normal nda's on it and i know i would never leak information that comes from a defence contractor with out permission.

-Paul-

But there must be some list of those changes somewhere, right?

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/373587-prepar3d-whats-different/

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

That's what I'm talking about... thanks! :good:

there is no lists to compare fsx to p3d as there never should be

Why not, it's the same engine, the same code,.. only improved. I think that you can't compare more similar things than FSX and P3D and since everybody are saying P3D is improved FSX than the question "what are those improvements" poses itsalf, in my opinion.

But on what NickN said.. that is quite a bold statement from him so i can only assume he is working for LM now for him to know that as V2 would have the normal nda's on it and i know i would never leak information that comes from a defence contractor with out permission.

I'm just the messenger.. I really have no idea for whom he's working for or anything about NDA's.

I know some of the improvements got broke in 1.3 and will be fixed in 1.4, this is mainly to with the way ground textures are loaded over fsx, there is no front end to p3d like fsx so it does not scan all your addons like fsx does so loading in to the first flight is quicker if you have hundreds of gigs of scenery installed, some of the most recommended fsx community tweaks have been put in to p3d as standard.

I believe the way clouds are drawn in p3d is different to fsx which should fix/help prevent some of the bugs that fsx has. Also i believe p3d makes better usage of gfx and system memory over fsx and the reason why oom's are more common when using higher detail settings

This is about all i can remember for now but when 1.4 comes out its meant to have more bug fixes and improved performance but we wont know what that means until its released as LM are not that keen to pass out information on beta things with prepar3d.

The only let down of P3D is that there is no update option, its clean install or dont install which means installing all addons again and as some we have to manual install it can be time consuming.

-Paul-

I'm just the messenger.. I really have no idea for whom he's working for or anything about NDA's.

Hello

I really wished that I had not gone over there and read that,

The bit about Hobby kiddies just made sure I never buy another Flight! product

Over the years I have bought (just counted) 68 Flight1 products, so at a conservative estimate of say £30 a pop thats over £2000.

Way to go NickN, the arrogance of the man is staggering, and the poor customer was only asking if he could use his Mustang in P3D, nothing he said warranted the reply he got.

Hello

I don't want to blame Flight1 they are by far my favourite publisher.

But perhaps Jim should reel him in a bit, maybe get him on a customer service course before he does anymore damage.

Hello

Could someone show me a screenshot of the Academic versions watermark in full screen.

Also has the cloud popping that drives me nuts in FSX been fixed, that alone is enough to get me onboard.