Yes, it's true. Lo and behold...

DX10-A.jpg

DX10-B.jpg

DX10-C-1.jpg

DX10-D.jpg

Here is how you do it:

1) Download the injectSMAA package:

http://mrhaandi.blog...injectsmaa.html

2) Extract the appropriate DX10 files and place them in your main FSX directory...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X

3) Load FSX in DX10 Preview Mode and make sure AA is NOT checked (it doesn't work anyway).

You should no longer have unsightly "jaggies" marring your DX10 flight experience :lol:

If you combine this with the DX10 shader fixes for flickering runway textures, night lighting, etc., you should have an almost perfect DX10

experience MS and Aces Studio originally intended.

BONUS: The package also contains a DX9 version, too. This will allow FSX to run in DX9 with AA, but with no performance hit compared to using

the in-game AA setting. So, all DX9 users have to do is extract the corresponding DX9 files to your main FSX directory and UNTICK the Anti Aliasing

setting in the Display properties... Yet you will still have AA in-game!

Disclaimer: I tested this on an ATI 4870x2, so I don't know if it will work with Nvidia. However, there is no reason it shouldn't since both types of cards

are capable of Subpixel Morphological Antialiasing and have been for a long time, actually.

If you have any questions, post them here and I will try and help.

I discovered this AA "utility" because I play the"Grand Theft Auto IV" games on the PC and the console ports have no AA, so the games looks horrible without

this graphical mod even at 1080, my native resolution.

Nice pictures!

Could you test flying over Manhattan with Max Scenery and tell us your FPS? Thanks!

Tried this with my GTX670 but unfortunately for me it did not work at all under DX10 preview.

I get better results with straight in-game AA.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Good call CP - I confirm this works for ATI HD5870, but oh dear, we still get the image tearing, no vsync thing me for DX10, and I can't detect any increase in frame rates.

You might care to try JSGME enabler:

http://forum.1cpubli...ead.php?t=28978

This is a lovely little utility, so easy to use, that injects DX9 or DX 10 SMAA and FSAA into your game, and just as easily takes it all out again at the click of a button, from those nice people over at IL2 Cliffs of Dover.

Make sure you turn all your CCC AA switches to 'Application controlled' and then turn off AA in FSX.

I use the DX9 SMAA, because it gives a nice crisp image, no jaggies, good frame rates and I don't have to ponder over those over-complicated CCC settings I can't be bothered to learn about.

Tried it. Now I get a black screen when starting FSX. Have to do a hard re-boot to get out of it. Be careful.

Be careful.

Why? If it works, keep it. If it doesn't, delete a couple of files. It's not "dangerous" :)

Why? If it works, keep it. If it doesn't, delete a couple of files. It's not "dangerous" :)

OK, Don't be careful.

Good call CP - I confirm this works for ATI HD5870, but oh dear, we still get the image tearing, no vsync thing me for DX10, and I can't detect any increase in frame rates.

You might care to try JSGME enabler:

http://forum.1cpubli...ead.php?t=28978

Thanks, for the heads up! :lol:

According to the thread, it's the same utility? Well, injectSAA is based on the one in the thread it seems, so they are at the very least cousins.

As stated, this utility might not work for everybody depending on hardware and graphics card control panel settings.

However, I can assure you it is not dangerous. It will not damage your hardware. The hard crash another poster experienced was probably due to it being

incompatible with something else on their system because I have had ZERO crashes, and the benefits -- DX10 with AA -- Are why I thought I would share this with

the FS Community considering significant progress is being made getting DX10 playable for a lot of simmers, finally, and breathing even more life back into FSX.

Nice pictures!

Could you test flying over Manhattan with Max Scenery and tell us your FPS? Thanks!

I'll do you one better:

DX10-F.jpg

DX10-Ejpg.jpg

These scaled down screencaps were done using Aerosoft's Manhattan X in DX10 with the SMAA injector active at 1920 x 1080.

I was able to maintain a steady 31 FPS (locked) vs. 15-21 FPS with DX9, and the SMAA injector active.

The settings I use for the Aerosoft cities (San Francisco, and New York) are "Very Dense" for the Scenery Complexity and Autogen Density.

No traffic (land or air). Anything above these setting while using these particular addons and my system drops to single digits. This is why

the "U.S. Cities" series are a good benchmark tool considering how demanding they are.

I was able to maintain a steady 31 FPS (locked) vs. 15-21 FPS with DX9, and the SMAA injector active.

Thanks for the comparison. However, My Nvidia GTX560 Ti doesn't seem to work in DX10 with SMAA. DX9 is better but there is a shimmering problem. Another problem is SMAA doesn't work well with very thin line like the ones of AirCreation Trike Ultralight.

I would like to give it a try but the rare thing is, as soon as I click preview and restart than the fsx comes up with a very little screen.

Even if I reset the size within fsx (i.e 3840x1080)than with fly button it comes again with the small one.

Any idea?

I would like to give it a try but the rare thing is, as soon as I click preview and restart than the fsx comes up with a very little screen.

Even if I reset the size within fsx (i.e 3840x1080)than with fly button it comes again with the small one.

Any idea?

I guess it is a bug of SMAA Injector. Try changing your desktop resolution to 3840x1080 before running FSX.

my desktop is always at that size.

I noticed if I do not have smaa than the problem is still there.

that means if I use preview anyhow that the screen is small.

so probebly something wrong with that button although I remember that in the beginning the preview worked.

may be I should try the repair fsx but some people say that repair is not good of fsx.

Tried this with my GTX670 but unfortunately for me it did not work at all under DX10 preview.

I get better results with straight in-game AA.

gb.

Same here!

My FSX runs on a GTX670 (ASUS DCII) with an i7 2600 ocked at 4 Ghz. (My signature is out-of-date)

On 3D models this SMAA works, but with textures (especially with the NGX textures and with runway and taxyway lines) it seems that there isn't any AA!

The only way to get it working, is to set the AA from nVidia Inspector (8xSQ + 2xSS + FXAA).

Francesco 

Embraer 195 Type rated

My Specs: MOBO: ROG Z390 Maximus Hero IX CPU: Intel i7-9700K @ 5.0 Ghz GPU: Nvidia  GeForce GTX 3080Ti RAM: GSkill Trident 32Gb Gb DDR4 3200 Mhz

MSFS, DCS World.

Guest firehawk44

It didn't work for me. Got a black screen on my 30 inch monitor but zoomed in graphics began to show on my 24 inch monitor and fps went to 1 fps. Aircraft windows had Microsoft logo. I have nVidia Inspector and a 580GTX video card. Thanks for posting anyway.

Best regards,

Jim