Sign in to follow this  
lateagain

Whilst we impatiently wait for any news.

or can I take it that silliness is resolved now? Anyone here STILL banned?

No nothings changed, just logged in just to see, but no, they spent hours/days setting up the forums and new forums rules just for us, it always makes me lol becasue you can see just about everything as a guest, but log in and all gone, just 2 forums viewable, so I don't think it will ever change, lets just leave it at that :lol: its all way in the past Geoff.

O BTW for your info.

I had a PM who showed that Orbx is registered in Victoria AUS and there law is that they have to give support to paying customers. Interesting!

Like I said all way in the past. who cares!

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

(got a first name we can use?)

Yes, it's underneath my signature picture. :wink: In case you have signature's disabled: it's Jeroen!

I am glad at last someone understands my er... concerns. :wink:

PS I'd like a more detailed criticism of the freeware photoreal scenery for Holland? Apart from the limitations of photoreal ANYWHERE, are there other specific issues?

Since it is totally free (and since it uses a great installer) I don't mean to bash the product but there simply are too many inconcistensies when it comes to quality and color. Some parts of Holland look pretty real (with 3D objects off because they stick out awfully) bit some regions look really utterly afwul... It's almost amazing how many various sources apparently had to be used for such a small country. :wink: It's almost impossible to even do a short flight without passing some regions that I'd rather skip.

Again, it's free and I appreciate the effort but I'd like to see a professional version. Something like Earth Simulation's Shawbury... :wink: (which I don't own because I don't (anymore) buy scenery that you can fly over within a few minutes.)

Then again... I don't even mind of no one does the Netherlands: I'd rather have someone giving Norway some proper treatment!

Then again... I don't even mind of no one does the Netherlands: I'd rather have someone giving Norway some proper treatment!

Yes would also like Norway to be given a proper treatment, as there isn't any good scenery made for it yet except 3 airports done by aerosoft and some freeware available. But I guess we are such a small country with too few simmers that no one sees a market here. Also It Is a FPS friendly area in FSX because it's scarcely populated so not much autogen houses and big cities

I Hope someday Orbx will see the potential.

Anyone here STILL banned?

Maybe that's my problem! When I log on to the official site the public forums disappear and I am left with a screen showing who is on line but does not show any forums which is very frustrating. I do not appear to be able to contact any forum moderators and had really given up until I read your posting. How can I resolve this situation?

Well I'm surprised nobody has commented on this from the man himself!

In response to request for info or screenshots on the UK on the OFFICIAL ORBX Forum.

I have to say I'm intrigued by the "Joint Announcement".

The Earth Simulations Alderney I have is about as close to a mix of ORBX and Photoreal as you can get. If that's what they've done for the Mainland it should be impressive?

I do have concerns that with so many "recognisable" architectural features packed so densely into such a small geographic area that they are that close to release. Too much generic autogen could really spoil it? Against that it has to run in the Sim and not slow things down too much?

Pure conjecture till we see some shots and a video.

Geoff

Here's one of Earth Simulations Alderney

For those of you who haven't seen any of Earth Simulations stuff before this project is the closest thing to ORBX. Read the blurb and check out the screengrabs.

http://earthsimulati...ury-fields.html

There is a ton of images and comments in the Avsim review of EarthSimulations here. http://www.avsim.com...rthSim/VFR.html Be sure to check out the 5 seasons - ES was the first group to do seasons - FTX-Orbx came along later with their seasons.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

ES was the first group to do seasons - FTX-Orbx came along later with their seasons.
Are we sure about that, Ray?

Are we sure about that, Ray?

Absolutely, without doubt. The dates are near the end of the review. It was question #3 for the sim pilot quiz.

Ray

From your review (in turn from the Earth Simulations site)

4/6/2009
ES was the first group to do seasons - FTX-Orbx came along later with their seasons

Perhaps five seasons in resampled photoscenery was what you meant when you wrote the review? Not the first with seasons (photoscenery, or landclass based)

FTX Au was released well before this. Not with five seasons (there is no Hard Winter in Aus) The seasons vary by region, depending on need.

A post from 2008

http://www.orbxsyste...ge__hl__seasons

My own FREEWARE scenery (complete with photoreal scenery and seasons!) from December 2008 !!

http://aussiex.org/f...d-maitland-nsw/

Not to mention YSTW and other releases.

It may seem churlish, but I do like substantiated facts, particularly if they are being given undue emphasis.

Hate to say it guys because seasons are all over the place here for the last few years, both in onset, finish and the type of weather we've had. Don't think the seasons neatly divided into 4 will be very realistic and the weather has varied unseasonally in any given season too. We need more than 5. We need 16! 4 Seasons with a choice of four "seasonal" weather types for each of the four seasons! :huh: ...and varying from Bright and Sunny to bare minimums within 50 miles. :lol:

Geoff

Geoff Brown

Well the wait is almost over? ....reportedly. First Preview shots of a UK field due this week according to the Official forum. Assuming that we're talking UK time it's Friday morning now so "This week" means within the next 40 hours.

As the old joke goes "I LOVE deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly past....." :lol:

I'll happily eat my words B)

Geoff

Geoff Brown

From your review (in turn from the Earth Simulations site)

[/i]

Perhaps five seasons in resampled photoscenery was what you meant when you wrote the review? Not the first with seasons (photoscenery, or landclass based)

FTX Au was released well before this. Not with five seasons (there is no Hard Winter in Aus) The seasons vary by region, depending on need.

A post from 2008

http://www.orbxsyste...ge__hl__seasons

My own FREEWARE scenery (complete with photoreal scenery and seasons!) from December 2008 !!

http://aussiex.org/f...d-maitland-nsw/

Not to mention YSTW and other releases.

It may seem churlish, but I do like substantiated facts, particularly if they are being given undue emphasis.

Yep, crystal clear. Here is a snapshot from the ES website - no one confused about dates or wording or splitting hairs there. They developed it and brought it to market and simply failed to protect it properly (evidently)

Ray

cant protect seasons its part of the fsx sdk not something new

any default MS photoscenery (maybe anchorage ? ) will have all seasons and snow

With respect the more important issue just raised over there but not fully answered in some respects is how the FTX UK stuff will co-exist with pre existing European sceneries of ALL types.

FTX are reportedly working with ES to ensure compatability but there's still some testing reportedly in progress with other pre existing sceneries. Even us GA Low 'n Slow types will want to head across the Channel, North Sea or Irish Sea, just as our real world GA pilots do. Until FTX covers that we'll need compatability?

Trouble is that each question raised seems a bit like walking on egg-shells? One of my threads already locked because someone brought up the UK photoreal stuff. It's their forum but obviously customers have invested in other publishers products and want to know about compatability and conflicts.

The trouble with forums is that info gets lost in many threads. IMHO they need to "Pin" a topic about compatability so that folk can see what they're testing abd add any that they have concerns about. Hardly dare suggest it after my thread got locked though. :unsure: :huh:

Geoff.

Geoff Brown