Sign in to follow this  
lateagain

Whilst we impatiently wait for any news.

If you want a laugh, just check out the reaction to the comments regarding the peopleflow2 characters that are smoking in the preview shots.

One customer suggested that showing these characters smoking was in poor taste.....which most people would agree with seeing as advertising smoking is banned in most of the target market countries and a proven major health hazard.

He got a sharp swift response to say the least.............

If you want a laugh, just check out the reaction to the comments regarding the peopleflow2 characters that are smoking in the preview shots.

One customer suggested that showing these characters smoking was in poor taste.....which most people would agree with seeing as advertising smoking is banned in most of the target market countries and a proven major health hazard.

He got a sharp swift response to say the least.............

hehe, saw that post too and had too laugh when JV commented on that.... :lol: The anti smokers sure is everywhere these days... There is sometimes discussions in my country that they should ban smokers from smoking in their own house...taking it a bit far I think.

Yeah, you put him in his place. Carry on the way you are, you're doing just fine. :smile:

I made it :LMAO: I welcome myself in the ban club :LMAO: Only have to blame myself(and my doctor for giving me to strong pain medications) for this, guess I was too trigger happy. No phun intended Orbx, I know you are watching, still like your Products and company. :wub: The only thing I hope is that I will be able to get support if I run into issues.... :huh: ?

And sorry Bill for getting on your nerves wasn't my intention, hope you don't get health issues so you can't continue making great products.

I quote you Ron Attwood from the Orbx Forum, would have answered you there if it wasn't for my ban, guess you can't get over my hijack. Feel this was aimed at me so here i go :mad:

"Feel free to kick my butt, but doesn't everyone run a new airport/region/area at least a couple of times before forming an opinion? When I first ran Skilletz I got marginal 'jerkiness'. I close down FSX, reloaded and they were barely noticeable. Started it up again and whaddya know? Smooth as silk. FSX needs to be introduced to new stuff gently.

That'll be 2¢"

Have runned S45 hundred off times and still get the 3D grass issue and Bill Womack even accnowleded that someone had expirienced it under the beta testing, even if it was only one person that encountered it during beta testing

Quote from Bill:

"The stuttering came up in the testing, but only one user commented on it. I'm not entirely sure what causes some machines to stumble, but once I get back in the office (I'm on a vacation at the moment) I'll track down the problem and see if I can fix it up. The grass at S45 is a bit thicker than in some other projects - I'm always trying to push the limits and see what makes them break. Guess we found it! ;-)

Rest assured, we'll get it ironed out."

When I finnaly got that answer from Bill I calmed down a bit and knew they had accnowleded the problem... But what got me banned was that I woke up this morning to my surprise seing that some from Orbx had spyed on me in this thread and started a new support thread in my name and quoting things I said on this forum taken out of context, when I already had gotten my answers yesterday. And I overeacted a bit today in anger.

And here I quote myself for some off my expirience:

"FPS are Ok 40-50+ even up in the hundreds sometimes with grass on, but Its unflyable. When I tick it off It runs buttersmooth, better than anything else i have on my system. Harvey and Monroe field runs great on my system and all others too in PNW(Have all off them). This is the first time I had problems like this with Orbx airports. Im 100% certain there must be somehting wrong somewhere.

Someone also started a thread in the support section http://www.orbxsyste...antial-stutter/ So Im not the only one expiriencing problems..."

"It doesnt feel like ordinary stutter either Its a complete different beast, as if someone turning down simrate from normal to slow and back to normal again every 1-2 seconds. Hard to explain but can't fly in those conditions...

Tried many different things except turning off grass, lowerd autogen turned down traffic, people flow infact unticked all other boxes in control panel but it didnt help as long as 3D grass was on. The only thing that fixed it was unticking 3D grass. After removing 3D Grass I can MAX my FSX settings at this airport so It's not that my rig can't handle it, there have to be something else!!"

And Im not the only user that have this Issue with 3D grass others reported it too!!! But i know most users haven't expirienced this and can run it just fine but it doesn't mean theres not an issue.

And I get far from marginal issues how do you feel flying with slew rate fluctating from slow to fast and then to slow again like some invisible force plaing with your simrate? I find it very hard too fly in those conditions! So please Ron what Am I missing, how do yo introduce new stuff to FSX gently?

And I say it again to you Orbx guys this it not aimed at you, this Is now my newly started personal war with Ron Attwood. Maybe some diplomats can come in and negociate a peace between us but right now I'm furious :diablo:

Kind Regards :angry:

PS: Dear Orbx, I can live with your BAN, but please do not ban me from buying more of your products :rolleyes:

You just don't know when to shut up do you? Let's hope that time will teach you to chill. I've now deleted you from my memory.

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

He%20He.gif Think I found just what some of us need Ron? http://www.toolstati...efenders/p56509 :LMAO:

Kaboki! Take a chill pill.

I'm pretty sure your posts are getting close to breaching forum rules here too.

A few tips from someone who spent a lot of their working life as a negotiator.

1) Don't make it personal.

2) Listen to the other folks points and point of view.

3) You have to respect that even IF you don't agree with it.

4) Keep it constructive.

5) Seek solutions and resolutions and avoid confrontation because that generally means failure.

A lot of folk arrived here all at once due to an incident that's documented and locked. We've moved on from that and most of the stuff here is constructive. IMHO it's sad that the rules are as they are on the official forum regarding other folks products. Nobody who's a serious flight sim addict doesn't have products and freeware from dozens of sources but the only way to discuss them in context with ORBX products is here. I have to agree to their rules to be on their forum but IMO both forums have useful content. I'd like to see a link on the official forum to this one as many ORBX customers may not be aware of it.

One final point. In years of simming it's obvious to "old lags" like myself that no two people get the same experience from their hardware and software. If they have an issue that you don't then you're hardly likely to have the solution either?

The point of sim forums is mutual help, sharing hints, tips and screengrabs and videos. Point Scoring is for sports and IMO has NO place here.

Geoff

PS I see that thanks to Rockliffe there's now a thread in the Compatability Forum entitled

Compatibility with Orbx's new UK scenery with a detailed response from Holger :good:

Geoff Brown

<br />I'm pretty sure your posts are getting close to breaching forum rules here too.<br />

They did and he's now in the time out corner.

what got me banned was that I woke up this morning to my surprise seing that some from Orbx had spyed on me in this thread and started a new support thread in my name and quoting things I said on this forum taken out of context

Let's just be clear on this, and you can perhaps digest it while you have some time out over here.

1. Posts you make here are on the public record. No-one is spying. You make a comment on the public record, it is there for all to see. It was in stark contrast to your "apology" to John, and suggested that your invasion of another user's support thread at ORBX was deliberate.

2. The "out of context" post you refer to is this one

I hijack anyones thread anyday when I feel like I need to to get attention....

This was quoted in relation to hijacking Ron's thread at ORBX, which was the PRECISE context it was used here. Not "out of context" at all in my opinion.

Finally, the "new thread" created in your name was formed by splitting the posts you made, and removing them from Ron's attempt to get support on a completely different issue. The new thread was entirely your own work.

As I pointed out to you, if your post is prefaced with "This will probably get me banned ... " or that thought enters your mind, then quite simply, don't post it.

It would seem your posting both here and at ORBX was deemed worthy of some "time-out". Two more independent arbiters you could not find. That should tell you something.

Thanks for pointing out the compatability forum thread and Holger's reply. I missed it over there.

See this forum can be constructive.

Thanks guys.

Peter