Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lateagain

Whilst we impatiently wait for any news.

When you have Orbx activated in FTX Central it will always put itself on the top of the scenery you have in the same coverage area, but I think when you fly out of the bounderies of their coverage you will see whatever else you have installed.

I.E if you have UTX in America you will only see the UTX scenery when you fly out of the FTX regions, whitout switching FTX Central, atleast what I have heard by people who has those scenerys and they can coexist whithout problems, but you won't see UTX scenery when inside the FTX region. I think Its what he means buy saying those things.

But I'm not 100% sure about this, maybe start a thread in their FTX compitabily forum?

Here is an example quoted from Holger Sandman:

"Orbx's FTX North American series (PNW, PFJ, NRM) overlaps parts of UTX USA and UTX Canada making the UTX components redundant. However, FTX is coded so that local exclude files will suppress the display of UTX features within the coverage area while leaving UTX completely undisturbed outside the FTX coverage areas. In short FTX and UTX are fully compatible out of the box ..."

Well that's how I always understood it. However the quote I posted from the Official forum seems to throw doubt on that as it stands? It may be missing something or maybe I/we are?

It's not in my nature but I'll leave it to others to clarify there. I've already been banned once for what many here consider reasonable comment and beside which I think your helpful quote and screenshot are correct.

I think some of the questions asked on the official forum could have been clearer ......as well as the answers, and it doesn't help when folk ask questions two posts under the answer!!!!! I can understand the respondants frustration at that :lol: ?

Geoff

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Well we have to wait and see when Orbx UK comes out and see if people are having issues I guess :P

Didn't mean to start a hot discussion with you and I don't really know so much about the banning people have expirienced at the Orbx forum I just felt your critique whas a bit unfair. Havent seen many other scenery developers trying too hard being compitable with Orbx(Turning things around abit).

But I feel pretty welcomed there and haven't been banned yet and feel It's a great communety and enviroment to participate in, and think they are very helpful when people have problems. They even put up with my nagging and impatiance for not releasing scenery fast enough :rolleyes:

Cheers

Well we have to wait and see when Orbx UK comes out and see if people are having issues I guess :P

Didn't mean to start a hot discussion with you and I don't really know so much about the banning people have expirienced at the Orbx forum I just felt your critique whas a bit unfair. Havent seen many other scenery developers trying too hard being compitable with Orbx(Turning things around abit).

But I feel pretty welcomed there and haven't been banned yet and feel It's a great communety and enviroment to participate in, and think they are very helpful when people have problems. They even put up with my nagging and impatiance for not releasing scenery fast enough :rolleyes:

Cheers

I wanted to make this post right away but I desisted. How are you feeling about Orbx now chief? :lol:

I wanted to make this post right away but I desisted. How are you feeling about Orbx now chief? :lol:

do you want to make problem ? ...

it feel like this is the entire point of this forum... make problems... not many good discussion and critique

I'm not making the problem, he's doing fine on his own. Do you actually know what I'm referring to?

Have no problem with Orbx, I sqeured up my dispute with John and he even promised that Bill would look into the issue with the 3D grass B)

I understand really well why he reacted and after awhile he understood my frustration too when he looked deeper into my concerns and perspective.

If you have an issue with me just say what your problem is right away and don't insuate things! :diablo:

I hijack anyones thread anyday when I feel like I need to to get attention....

:lol: Yeah, you put him in his place. Carry on the way you are, you're doing just fine. :smile:

do you want to make problem ? ...

it feel like this is the entire point of this forum... make problems... not many good discussion and critique

I feel this forum section need more constructive things too not just for people pouting about how they are threated at the Orbx forum..

:lol: Yeah, you put him in his place. Carry on the way you are, you're doing just fine. :smile:

Yeah still there and will be in the future too :lol:

I have the ability to see my own mistakes, and perfectly understand when putting up negative things in a release announcment thread can be bad for business. Perfectly understandable that John reacted that way. But I got what I wanted, he admitted that the new 3D grass for S45 was new tech and wasn't fully optimized and that Bill would go over it in the Service pack because I made them aware of it. So yeah, Im happy

OK enough squabbling guys. Kaboki you have obviously misunderstood some fundemental and perhaps too subtle points in my post.

Your post and the illustration from Holger demonstrate what I always understood to be the case.

I'm not criticising anything other than the fact that the quote from the official forum actually contradicts that. Logically that means that either the previously demonstrated compatability does not exist with this latest add-on (unlikely) or that the quote is a mistake? or misunderstanding?

This forum exists because folk were having their points and discussions deleted on the official forum and a good few were banned from that forum.

This is history and fact. Some still do not have access to the official forum apparently so that is why discussion takes place here. Just because some folk don't find the discussion here useful does not mean that no one finds it useful.

I started the thread to prompt discussion about pros and cons of the existing UK sceneries and what we know ORBX has done in other regions. A similar thread on the official forum was locked. At this stage of the development compatability with pre existing sceneries for adjoining sceneries is of interest to those who own them so perhaps we can steer the thread in that direction?

Geoff

Sorry Geoff, about the pouting I wasn't reffering to you specifically or our latest discussion but I read many post in this forum section, and many off them comes out like pouting.

And It sometimes feel like this Forum section is dedicated just for that.

I can see that the latest from JV about compitability could be confusing. But too me It was pretty clear, and I didn't misunderstand it, I expect the compitabilty to be just like I has in the past nothing more nothing less. And by going into their Compitability forum many of my quiestions could be answered there.

I even posted and insinuated at the Orbx forum that if not Orbx UK would be compitable with ES "Channel Islands" and "Isles Of Scilly" I would buy Horizon photoscenery instead of the upcoming Orbx UK(To trigger a response). And after awhile John came with a statement that It will be compitable and that Darren had written a program called ESmerge that would ensure that.

Even made a little "commercial" and linked to avsim off my own screenshots of this scenery praising and encouraging other users to get it and didn't get banned or warned for that. Almost even expected that to happen considering what I have read here and I would have understand if I did, but I like to live dangerously :P. But all in all I think they have put up with much from me especially considering todays events I had on the forum :lol: (You can't find all the posts i made because it got hidden from the Release announcment thread for S45, but I can tell you some of my comments where pretty rough)

After all they run a bizniss and I can understand they don't want to much attention to other competing scenerys and their forum Is after all dedicated to Orbx and support for their products.

Even If I someday get banned I will never stop praising Orbx products or the company as I like booth and can understand their agenda ^_^

And last to Ron Attwood no offence mate, but I just reacted maybe unfair when you got cranky at me for posting in your thread and I made a remark that what you where expiriencing really wasn't a problem, trying to get Bill to responsd to far bigger issues(Still don't see why you had to start a support thread for something that already had been announced, read trough posts in the forum before acting, me and another user had already raised concerns about the Photoreal stuff the day before it got released and Bill responded to it pretty quickly explaing why it was left out)

Cheers

If you want a laugh, just check out the reaction to the comments regarding the peopleflow2 characters that are smoking in the preview shots.

One customer suggested that showing these characters smoking was in poor taste.....which most people would agree with seeing as advertising smoking is banned in most of the target market countries and a proven major health hazard.

He got a sharp swift response to say the least.............

If you want a laugh, just check out the reaction to the comments regarding the peopleflow2 characters that are smoking in the preview shots.

One customer suggested that showing these characters smoking was in poor taste.....which most people would agree with seeing as advertising smoking is banned in most of the target market countries and a proven major health hazard.

He got a sharp swift response to say the least.............

hehe, saw that post too and had too laugh when JV commented on that.... :lol: The anti smokers sure is everywhere these days... There is sometimes discussions in my country that they should ban smokers from smoking in their own house...taking it a bit far I think.

Yeah, you put him in his place. Carry on the way you are, you're doing just fine. :smile:

I made it :LMAO: I welcome myself in the ban club :LMAO: Only have to blame myself(and my doctor for giving me to strong pain medications) for this, guess I was too trigger happy. No phun intended Orbx, I know you are watching, still like your Products and company. :wub: The only thing I hope is that I will be able to get support if I run into issues.... :huh: ?

And sorry Bill for getting on your nerves wasn't my intention, hope you don't get health issues so you can't continue making great products.

I quote you Ron Attwood from the Orbx Forum, would have answered you there if it wasn't for my ban, guess you can't get over my hijack. Feel this was aimed at me so here i go :mad:

"Feel free to kick my butt, but doesn't everyone run a new airport/region/area at least a couple of times before forming an opinion? When I first ran Skilletz I got marginal 'jerkiness'. I close down FSX, reloaded and they were barely noticeable. Started it up again and whaddya know? Smooth as silk. FSX needs to be introduced to new stuff gently.

That'll be 2¢"

Have runned S45 hundred off times and still get the 3D grass issue and Bill Womack even accnowleded that someone had expirienced it under the beta testing, even if it was only one person that encountered it during beta testing

Quote from Bill:

"The stuttering came up in the testing, but only one user commented on it. I'm not entirely sure what causes some machines to stumble, but once I get back in the office (I'm on a vacation at the moment) I'll track down the problem and see if I can fix it up. The grass at S45 is a bit thicker than in some other projects - I'm always trying to push the limits and see what makes them break. Guess we found it! ;-)

Rest assured, we'll get it ironed out."

When I finnaly got that answer from Bill I calmed down a bit and knew they had accnowleded the problem... But what got me banned was that I woke up this morning to my surprise seing that some from Orbx had spyed on me in this thread and started a new support thread in my name and quoting things I said on this forum taken out of context, when I already had gotten my answers yesterday. And I overeacted a bit today in anger.

And here I quote myself for some off my expirience:

"FPS are Ok 40-50+ even up in the hundreds sometimes with grass on, but Its unflyable. When I tick it off It runs buttersmooth, better than anything else i have on my system. Harvey and Monroe field runs great on my system and all others too in PNW(Have all off them). This is the first time I had problems like this with Orbx airports. Im 100% certain there must be somehting wrong somewhere.

Someone also started a thread in the support section http://www.orbxsyste...antial-stutter/ So Im not the only one expiriencing problems..."

"It doesnt feel like ordinary stutter either Its a complete different beast, as if someone turning down simrate from normal to slow and back to normal again every 1-2 seconds. Hard to explain but can't fly in those conditions...

Tried many different things except turning off grass, lowerd autogen turned down traffic, people flow infact unticked all other boxes in control panel but it didnt help as long as 3D grass was on. The only thing that fixed it was unticking 3D grass. After removing 3D Grass I can MAX my FSX settings at this airport so It's not that my rig can't handle it, there have to be something else!!"

And Im not the only user that have this Issue with 3D grass others reported it too!!! But i know most users haven't expirienced this and can run it just fine but it doesn't mean theres not an issue.

And I get far from marginal issues how do you feel flying with slew rate fluctating from slow to fast and then to slow again like some invisible force plaing with your simrate? I find it very hard too fly in those conditions! So please Ron what Am I missing, how do yo introduce new stuff to FSX gently?

And I say it again to you Orbx guys this it not aimed at you, this Is now my newly started personal war with Ron Attwood. Maybe some diplomats can come in and negociate a peace between us but right now I'm furious :diablo:

Kind Regards :angry:

PS: Dear Orbx, I can live with your BAN, but please do not ban me from buying more of your products :rolleyes:

You just don't know when to shut up do you? Let's hope that time will teach you to chill. I've now deleted you from my memory.

He%20He.gif Think I found just what some of us need Ron? http://www.toolstati...efenders/p56509 :LMAO:

Kaboki! Take a chill pill.

I'm pretty sure your posts are getting close to breaching forum rules here too.

A few tips from someone who spent a lot of their working life as a negotiator.

1) Don't make it personal.

2) Listen to the other folks points and point of view.

3) You have to respect that even IF you don't agree with it.

4) Keep it constructive.

5) Seek solutions and resolutions and avoid confrontation because that generally means failure.

A lot of folk arrived here all at once due to an incident that's documented and locked. We've moved on from that and most of the stuff here is constructive. IMHO it's sad that the rules are as they are on the official forum regarding other folks products. Nobody who's a serious flight sim addict doesn't have products and freeware from dozens of sources but the only way to discuss them in context with ORBX products is here. I have to agree to their rules to be on their forum but IMO both forums have useful content. I'd like to see a link on the official forum to this one as many ORBX customers may not be aware of it.

One final point. In years of simming it's obvious to "old lags" like myself that no two people get the same experience from their hardware and software. If they have an issue that you don't then you're hardly likely to have the solution either?

The point of sim forums is mutual help, sharing hints, tips and screengrabs and videos. Point Scoring is for sports and IMO has NO place here.

Geoff

PS I see that thanks to Rockliffe there's now a thread in the Compatability Forum entitled

Compatibility with Orbx's new UK scenery with a detailed response from Holger :good:

<br />I'm pretty sure your posts are getting close to breaching forum rules here too.<br />

They did and he's now in the time out corner.

what got me banned was that I woke up this morning to my surprise seing that some from Orbx had spyed on me in this thread and started a new support thread in my name and quoting things I said on this forum taken out of context

Let's just be clear on this, and you can perhaps digest it while you have some time out over here.

1. Posts you make here are on the public record. No-one is spying. You make a comment on the public record, it is there for all to see. It was in stark contrast to your "apology" to John, and suggested that your invasion of another user's support thread at ORBX was deliberate.

2. The "out of context" post you refer to is this one

I hijack anyones thread anyday when I feel like I need to to get attention....

This was quoted in relation to hijacking Ron's thread at ORBX, which was the PRECISE context it was used here. Not "out of context" at all in my opinion.

Finally, the "new thread" created in your name was formed by splitting the posts you made, and removing them from Ron's attempt to get support on a completely different issue. The new thread was entirely your own work.

As I pointed out to you, if your post is prefaced with "This will probably get me banned ... " or that thought enters your mind, then quite simply, don't post it.

It would seem your posting both here and at ORBX was deemed worthy of some "time-out". Two more independent arbiters you could not find. That should tell you something.

Thanks for pointing out the compatability forum thread and Holger's reply. I missed it over there.

See this forum can be constructive.

Thanks guys.

Peter