Sign in to follow this  
FSXHD

Captain Sim 777 0.6 SP is out

Fresh off the Captain Sim website:

- Systems debug mode has been removed. Feel free to select any livery or aircraft variation, to reload the 777, to select/save another flight

- Aircraft/flight reload timing significally improved

- APU door animation fixed

- RAT animation fixed

- Primary displays line height fixed

- Electrics lost on APU and/or GPU fixed

- 2D EFIS knobs and buttons improved

- 2D MCP improved

- Exterior gears sound improved

- Flaps vortex improved

- Starboard flaperon no HYD drop fixed

- F/D bars added on PFD

- Doors dysplay mode connected to the model animations

- Audio Control Panels - Receiver Volume Control animations fixed

Looks like some notable items were addressed in this SP, including the debug mode removal and the FD.

Here is the link -

http://www.captainsi...777/sp0600.html

•  

Thanks for the HU.

The 777 is slowly coming together, with the PW model released recently, and now this patch fixing the debug mode as well as adding FD bars.

Glad to see that they are now making systems improvements rather than dwelling on the model itself. I think I am ready now to do a real flight in this bird.

Glad to see that they are now making systems improvements rather than dwelling on the model itself. I think I am ready now to do a real flight in this bird.

Oh, stop it you. :P

A patch "ADDED" FD bars? And you bought this before the patch?

I guess if you really want a 777 for FSX that badly...

Their 777 isn't full version yet but on kind of unfinished alpha phase open for testing. Anybody who buys this on this phase will save 10 dollars when compared to buying it when its finished, so it is only smart move to buy it when its unfinished if you are going to buy it anyway when it reaches 1.0, nobody forces you to actually participate on reporting bugs etc.

I took the plunge a few weeks back and purchased the CS777. I do understand the product is still in development although there are issues that are starting to repeat themselves going back to the 757 with respect to planned fuel usage and displaying the route on the ND for example.

Other than a new engine soundset everything still sounds the same including switches which in my opinion is what differentiates the aircraft from one to another.

I promised myself long ago not to purchase any more CS products as they are in most cases unfinished and unpolished representations but I thought that I would give the 777 a try. Even though I am not completely disappointed I already feel a little let down by the latest offering.

\Robert Hamlich/

Haha I didn't buy it. I'm just spreading the news. I'm eagerly waiting the PMDG 777.

Would somebody perhaps be able to direct me to where these upper hydraulic switches are? I understand that the plane is not flyable without setting these swtiches. For some reason I can't seem to find these switches; I am guessing I am either blind or stupid. Thanks for your help.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Behind the circuit breakers, overhead panel just above cockpit door, Captains side. I created a Ezdok camera view for easy access.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Hey guys how are the frame rates now that system debug mode is off?

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Hey guys how are the frame rates now that system debug mode is off?

Much better on my system. Loading times are equally better. Now all I'm waiting for is that completed ND.

They're adding the landing gear lever in 0.7, followed by the landing gear itself in 1.0

They're adding the landing gear lever in 0.7, followed by the landing gear itself in 1.0

:LMAO:

Oh well, of course I couldn't wait any longer and bought it, especially since they took it off of debug mode. Unfortunately this thing is a huge resource hog on my system and I've also had quite a few CTD's with it, which I rarely have with FSX and other add-ons.

At this point it's not really usable for me, the ND's hardly display any information, sometimes not even my route. Just out of couriosity I installed 0.5 only to see what's different performance wise, but I couldn't really see a difference on my system. I also don't get any N2 readings under 0.6, everyting just stays at 0, which worked under 0.5, go figure.

I'll have to practice some more with it although (simming wise) I'm quite familiar with the T7. It's a beautiful model and the VC is nice too but right now she'll probably go back into the hangar.

The thing that puzzels me the most is that this is promoted as a beta test. I've been beta testing flightsim add-ons on and off for the last 15 years, none of them ever felt this incomplete and yet it's considered "beta" by CS. Just my 2 cents. I hope CS will continue to work hard to iron things out and actually get it into beta status.

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11