Sign in to follow this  
engwerda

NGX and the VC

I have just started flying circuits with the VC but I am having problems. With the 2D panel I have set the zoom view looking over the instrument panel to 1.0 and it all works fine. In the VC at the same setting I cannot see the instrument panel and have to undock the PFD to avoid searching for everything on short finals. Everything also happens so fast when compared to the 2D panel. Is there a setting I should be using? I have tried the view over the panel at 0.4, 0.7 and 1.0 in the VC but it still looks like a 2X simulation rate arrival and the landings suffer accordingly.

Any ideas from VC users as to what is best?

Gerry

0.60-0.70 is the more realistic setting to have in the VC.

Different settings suit different people, and different types of flight. Because circuits are an inherently visual manoeuvre, your need to look around is far greater than - say - a standard IFR flight. I personally use 1.0 as I find that gives me a good level of detail when scanning instruments, and allows me to use the HGS to best effect during the approach and landing.

Another thing that might help you is to adjust your VC panning rate (assuming you use a joystick hat switch to look around). Look for the CAMERAS.CFG file located in the same folder as your FSX.CFG. You can edit the panning rates under the section camera definition 002. REMEMBER to take a backup of the file though!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I have just started flying circuits with the VC but I am having problems. With the 2D panel I have set the zoom view looking over the instrument panel to 1.0 and it all works fine. In the VC at the same setting I cannot see the instrument panel and have to undock the PFD to avoid searching for everything on short finals. Everything also happens so fast when compared to the 2D panel. Is there a setting I should be using? I have tried the view over the panel at 0.4, 0.7 and 1.0 in the VC but it still looks like a 2X simulation rate arrival and the landings suffer accordingly.

Any ideas from VC users as to what is best?

Gerry

In your fsx cfg do you have it set to widescreen= true?

Ryan,

Is that the same as the WideViewAspect line in the cfg? Mine is set to "false" but that could be because I run it half screen size on a laptop as the fullscreen seems oddly stretched. It runs very well but should I change the setting anyway?

Thanks mark - I will persist with 1.0 in the circuits and experiment with the camera.cfg. I presume anyline that has panning set into it could be increased?

Gerry

Ryan,

Is that the same as the WideViewAspect line in the cfg? Mine is set to "false" but that could be because I run it half screen size on a laptop as the fullscreen seems oddly stretched. It runs very well but should I change the setting anyway?

Thanks mark - I will persist with 1.0 in the circuits and experiment with the camera.cfg. I presume anyline that has panning set into it could be increased?

Gerry

Try it and see, you can always change it back!