Sign in to follow this  
joklx

Why NGX doesn't have the RTA function?

Just like the title, why ngx doesn't have the rta function?

and normally we can input coordinates to create about five temporary waypoints on NAV DATA page.

Is there any reason?

it was deemed unnecessary for the 737 at time of development, and should be included when it is modelled with 777 development.

I think the team mentioned that it may be featured in an update, following the release of the T7, which will add functionality developed for the T7 to the NGX as they are built on the same platform.

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

I have always been curious why it wasn't included in the intial release. Obviously it's programming algorithm is more complicated than one would generally expect.

i really hope they could be added to NGX, that will make this plane perfact!

Because they wanted to force you to use your brain and keep sharp math skills.

Kyle Rodgers

why ngx doesn't have the rta function

Because using real world weather and within FSX limits, it's a brute to program correctly. If you do search for "Required Time Arrival" you can find the results of real world testing in Europe and the US - they provide an interesting look at the need for, and complexity of, RTA.

DJ

RTA has been covered ... not currently modelled ... lots of ones & zeroes already.

and normally we can input coordinates to create about five temporary waypoints on NAV DATA page.

Is there any reason?

NAV DATA Page is fully functional as are SIX FIX Pages (which is what I suspect you are on about here) allowing you to create a modern art masterpiece (in GREEN) on your ND.

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

If memory serves, RTA was planned and developed but pulled from the initial release because it wasn't finished to PMDG standards and wasn't considered essential to the release. During the early patches, it was discussed as being slated for SP1 but I think its priority has been dropping ever since. I believe that this is the first time that RTA has come up on these forums in a very long time so I suspect that PMDG consider it a feature that would be 'nice to have' but not missed, and that makes it very difficult for them to justify spending effort on it that could be spent on the T7 or the DC6.

can anyone enlight my noobish brain and tell me what RTA is and why it's such an important (currently missing) feature ?

thanks

Mathieu Souphy

can anyone enlight my noobish brain and tell me what RTA is and why it's such an important (currently missing) feature ?

thanks

"RTA or required time of arrival allows the VNAV system to target arrival at a particular waypoint at a defined time. This is often useful for airport arrival slot scheduling. In this case, VNAV regulates the cruise speed or cost index to ensure the RTA is met."

Source: www.wikipedia.org

Oliver Branaschky

If I recall correctly REF NAV DATA is fully modeled and SUPP NAV DATA might be implemented in SP2.

Seeing as how the T7 is used a lot on transatlantic NAT routes, I'm guessing RTA will be included in the service pack that comes after the T7 release, as RTA is a pretty important nav function there.

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

I thought RTA was coming with the T7 release, is it confirmed the T7 will be initially released without it?