Sign in to follow this  
Snaps2012

X-Plane 10 3D Cockpit Zoom

I know that his problem has been discussed before but in all the other forum threads that i have read everyone just says to increase the field of view. However i have tried doing this and yes it helps a little bit but it also distorts the image. The only ways i could think of ti solve this problem would be to 1: just zoom out more like in FSX. In FSX you can zoom out to less than 1X zoom. 2: Move the actual seat in the 3D cockpit backwards . This would alow me to move the cammera backwards with the , key more without the camera going behind the seat. is it posable that i could change a file for a plane to make it zoom less? Any help would be apriciiated.

possibilities:

1. field of view (there is also a plugin available that will set it per plane as you wish)

2. key mapping to: general move forward, move backward.

3. zoom in, zoom out

4. Adjust viewpoints (seat position) directly in plane maker

Also, this can hardly be called a "problem". It is an issue that you have very personally. But as you see, you only need to find the solution that fits your needs best.

I have tried all of those accept the last one but when i say adjust the seat position i mean the actual chair that u see when u look down in the cockpit i need to move that back so i can move the viewpoint back farther with out the viewpoint being behind the actual chair. What i realy want is negative zoom like in FSX.

Why and with wich plane would that be necessary? Wouldn't it be a completely unrealistic viewpoint anyway?

most planes. i rely just want the ability to change this. negative zoom may seem unrealistic but when i look at where the camera is and how close up the dashboard look it seems like 1X zoom is actualy 1.5X or 2X zoom. Ive flown before in real life and im not nearly that close up.

If that's the issue I don't know why the field of view plugin won't work for you. Check it out - you even can set a different FOV for your outside views, for 3D cockpit and 2D cockpit.

Well, I have the very same "personal" problem. When I'm in that cessna I feel like I'm looking through the eyes of a little person with the seat in its full forward position. I guess it's off to find that FOV plug-in.

the default cessna has a crappy viewpoint. that's more a case for plane maker. if you can afford it, buy the carenado 172.

OK, thank you. I was looking at an OV10 Bronco earlier any thoughts on that?

You are not limited by the field of view, although that helps a lot. One may use the keyboard comma key to move back, and the keyboard period key to move forward. After moving aft using the comma key, use the up and down arrows to move up or down until you get the perspective you like. You may not get a perfect position in all respects but one should get close enough to be comfortable. In the default C172 for instance when I get a proper or close to a proper view out of the front windshield,I find I am setting too high to see out of the doors. As I said, its not perfect, but I can usually get close enough to have a comfortable seat. Be aware these keyboard assignments only work in 3D cockpit mode. If you go back to the 2D cockpit then everything reverts back to the default setting. These settings can be permanently installed using Plane Maker. I find trial and error if I use Plane Maker. :smile:

I have tried all of those accept the last one but when i say adjust the seat position i mean the actual chair that u see when u look down in the cockpit i need to move that back so i can move the viewpoint back farther with out the viewpoint being behind the actual chair. What i realy want is negative zoom like in FSX.

most planes. i rely just want the ability to change this. negative zoom may seem unrealistic but when i look at where the camera is and how close up the dashboard look it seems like 1X zoom is actualy 1.5X or 2X zoom. Ive flown before in real life and im not nearly that close up.

the 10.10 beta (RC) has the option to set some viewpoints and fast scrool through them with the numpad keys.

set the desired position in vc, hit CTRL + Num Key to save it. just press the Num key to go to that view.

if the default viewpoint is not good for you, just set a new one in the plane maker. but setup new set of views with your numpad is a lot more efficient.

Gustavo Rodrigues - Brazil