Sign in to follow this  
Tolppini

Can I fly SIDs and STARs with Reality XP GNS530W?

Hi people.

I've recently gotten the RealAir Turbine Duke and found it to be a well modelled aircraft. I've also started to look at online flying. I have some previous experiene with it and have some basic knowledge of the phraseology etc. Anyway, my question is, can I fly SIDs and STARs with the GNS530? Does it have a native support for them? The Duke manual mentions it as a possible replacement for the default GPS. What database does the 530 use, is it frequently updated?

Thanks for the help.

Yes you can. The database is not frequently updated unfortunately. The latest navdata is Summer 2011 and the db comes directly from Garmin's 530 trainer. But I've found it to be excellent and I fly on both Vatsim and Pilot Edge, with no database issues.

I believe the database is much better for USA flying, I could be wrong, or it could be only that WAAS approaches are in the US.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

WAAS approaches in Canada are also included and are up to date (as of summer 2011).

Wonderful piece of gear!

Bert

I forgot about you guys... just a few hours north of me :)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |