Sign in to follow this  
Airbus Commander

Tonight on the BBC

http://www.rte.ie/te...ineering_Giants

For those of you with access to BBC television, mainly UK and the Republic of Ireland residents, I spotted a show on tonight at 8pm IST that might be of interest to yee. Looks like a class D check on a 747, but I can't exactly tell from the short preview. Set in a Cardiff Hangar, so a BA aircraft I'm guessing...

Enjoy,

Rónán O Cadhain.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

It's a full strip down D check of BA's G-CIVX, which is a 747-436. The programme is only an hour long, and of course a D check takes about a month, so it will be fairly condensed, but still probably quite interesting.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

So I was right, good to know. A typical D check takes between 6-8 weeks IIRC. Our EI-LAX was in for one last year and she took 7 weeks, but that was her second D check...

Rónán O Cadhain.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Apparently that one was just over a month.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Yes I just caught the last 10 mins of it. 5 weeks, quite fast for an aircraft the size of a Jumbo....

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Might be a tad late but here is the full video of it.

Enjoy for you that have not seen it.

Pretty interesting.

I watched it last night and enjoyed it very much. I suppose for aircraft junkies like us it was about 5 hours too short and not nearly detailed enough, but 'er indoors, who isn't in anyway interested in aircraft, actually quite enjoyed it. So that's got to be good. Either way, its just so much better than all those awful talent show things that have conquered the world.

Better stop there. Feel a middle aged rant coming on ;-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

I watched it last night and enjoyed it very much. I suppose for aircraft junkies like us it was about 5 hours too short and not nearly detailed enough, but 'er indoors, who isn't in anyway interested in aircraft, actually quite enjoyed it. So that's got to be good. Either way, its just so much better than all those awful talent show things that have conquered the world.

Better stop there. Feel a middle aged rant coming on ;-)

Believe me, you can be quite a bit younger than middle aged and still feel that way about awful talent show things :).

Believe me, you can be quite a bit younger than middle aged and still feel that way about awful talent show things :).

Good to hear mate :-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)