Installed the latest version still have the joystick problem.

I have a Thrustmaster Warthog joystick and throttle and Saitek combat peddles, I have tried all the combinations of plugging and unplugging before X Plane loads but still fails to load.

Unplug all the devices and X Plane loads plug them in and after a while X Plane crashes again.

Is it worth a complete reinstall?

I can't get past the loading screen.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Beta 2 doesn't crash anymore for me, but joystick cannot be correctly calibrated. Left roll/yaw and down pitch goes berserk.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Much smoother than 10.10 Beta 1. I have to test it without HDR, but the performance may be as good or even better than 10.05. My first oil rig landing with 10.10 Beta 2:

OR05-th.jpg OR06-th.jpg

Much smoother than 10.10 Beta 1. I have to test it without HDR, but the performance may be as good or even better than 10.05. My first oil rig landing with 10.10 Beta 2:

OR05-th.jpg OR06-th.jpg

Do you think this hot fix so to speak was to address performance? I am not so sure about that. I would have thought it was to address the current bugs with the usb devices and others.

Bob

For me yes: Beta 1 produced huge Log.txt files with all the joystick input values. In Beta 2 the Log.txt file is very small.

Just read Chris's edit here:

http://developer.x-p...-crashes-sweet/

I did have the joystick issue at first but I removed all usb devices, shut down xp10, opened xp10, uncheck ch devices, then plugged in each usb and all was fine. I really did not seem to have any fps issues. This was a weird one for sure.

Bob

Same here.

What stick do you have? Mine's MS Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 USB

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Performance is considerably better than 10.05r1 for me. My benchmark airport was delivering 29fps under given rendering options in 10.05r1

Now for the same settings and same view, it's around 35fps. Clouds now also seem to give minimal performance hit (broken, rendering @ 28%)

Feeling brave now and trying all this with HDR on. A performance hit of a few fps, everything looks very bright compared to non hdr. Adding clouds will bring performance down maybe 30% compared with clear non HDR day. Still a few bugs with cloud shade on ground flashing on / off.

Overall conclusion is that non HDR with a Carenado plane @ Aberdeen with my addon package and broken clouds is quite flyable.

More tests to follow.

Beta 2 doesn't crash anymore for me, but joystick cannot be correctly calibrated. Left roll/yaw and down pitch goes berserk.

I am also having this problem with the joystick. I have tried with a MS Sidewinder and a Speedlink Black Widow and both show the same behaviour. Bug report filed.

Packed away the Thrustmaster Warthog and plugged in my Saitek Pro Flight Yoke, Switch Panel and Multi Panel, installed the plugin for the panels, X Plane 10.10 beta2 now works fine must be the Thrustmaster Warthog.

Still no luck for me either but this time it doesnt crash it just hangs loading qflite.png so I dont get the chance to send the bug report using the new auto sender.